Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

As you can see on this page:
    http://www.fibercom.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

The footer has a formatting problem.
    This happens when I add a “read more” to the leading article.
    When I remove that, the footer gets back to normal.
    I inspected the code and I see that normally ja-navhelper and ja-footer are outside the ja-container DIV therefore are not affected by the
    min-height:300px;
    but when I add a “read more” to the leading article, somehow the DIVs ja-navhelper and ja-footer fall under the ja-container DIV and therefore loose their original formatting.

Did anyone else has a problem like this or is it just me?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

radu81 Friend

I have the same problem, can anyone please help?

smete Friend

I’m surprised no one else has run into this or already has a solution. Do you have a link to your site?

micrantha Friend

Hello smete,

You are missing 2 closing divs: </div></div>
    When I add these 2 closing div’s before <!– //MAIN CONTAINER –> page jumps back to normal.

Good luck,
    Micrantha

smete Friend

Thanks Micrantha so much for looking into this.
    You’re absolutely correct but how do I close those divs?
    Isn’t that supposed to happen with the existing php code?
    If I take out the “read more” from the leading article, those divs come back in place and the page is displayed correctly. Maybe that can help you pinpoint where this whole thing goes wrong.

Do you have any idea why this happens only when a “read more is added to the leading article of a “frontpage blog” layout?
    And do you have any idea how to fix it?

micrantha Friend

Hello,
    Sorry, I don’t know. Read-more does not add div’s.
    Did you change php-files in any way?
    Maybe when you played around with width-configuration? Only a guess.
    Default Ja-Purity-II does not show this problem.

Regards,
    Micrantha

smete Friend

Thanks again Micrantha.
    I’ve achieved the width configuration by only modifying .css files which should not affect the amount of </div> tags in the page. I shy away from touching the PHP as my knowledge is very limited. That is why I found a css only solution to the changing the width of the wrapper.

The only change I had made to the PHP was removing the screen resize buttons by modifying the header.php, I now changed that back to the way it was although the buttons did not come back.
    I’ve also unpublished a lot of the modules as you can see, which maybe the reason why in the original JA_Purity II install this problem doesn’t show up. What do you think?

I’ll try enabling the modules one by one to see if anything changes.

smete Friend

In the meantime, to fix the missing </divs> temporarily, I’ve added
    </div>
    </div>
    right above <!– //MAIN CONTAINER –> in default.php (because I’m using “default” as my choice of “default layout” under template configurations of JA_Purity II) which made default.php look like
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTAINER –>

As a result the page with the front page blog layout got fixed

while all the other pages got messed up around the footer area.

So now I am reverting those changes back to the way it was.

I really hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

radu81 Friend

I solved, there were some errors with DIV tags on my pages before the “Read More” tag. Check your pages, you should solve

korb Friend

Hey guys,

Try comparing your files with the original ones (use a WinMerge or Beyond Compare software solution). This will instantly highlight the missing code from BLOCKS folder, because this is where I think your problems reside.

Regards,
    Danny

radu81 Friend

I did not made modifications to php files, I only changed a few things in CSS files. My problem was on my articles. Try to disable those article and activate them one by one to see which one has errors

smete Friend

The problem IS in the article itself, ONCE the readmore is added.

Here is the HTML code. Bold code is what I added to solve the problem. I didn’t delete anything. Such a simple mod. As you can see the only thing I did was to close all the DIVs before the READ MORE and reopen them after.

Since I copy pasted the text to the WYSIWYG editor, I didn’t know what was going on with the code code inside the article and was stupid enough not to check. I wish WYSIWYG editor did this by itself whenever a READ MORE is inserted but here it is finally solved.

Thanks to all who replied, in particular Radu81.

<div>
    <p>We are a subcontracting company based in Istanbul, Turkey</p>
    </div>
    <!-- Primary content: Stuff that goes in the primary content column (by default, the left column) --> <!-- Primary content area start -->
    <div class="post">
    <div class="contentarea">
    <p>Our specialties are Fiber Optics, Transmission and Cellular Network implementation<br /> Our pillars are Quality, Efficiency and Financial Strength<br /> We use resources of our family of five companies and our eco-system<br /> We have ISO 9001, ISO 14000, NATO certification, Ericsson Quality Awards</p>
    </div>
    </div>

<hr id="system-readmore" />
    <div class="post">
    <div class="contentarea">

<h1>Management</h1>
    <p><strong>Halit Gunes:</strong> Partner and CEO<br /> Mechanical Engineer, M.Sc. 30 years professional career in Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Critical Healthcare, and Automotive<br /> Experience in Turkey, U.S.A., and Canada</p>
    <p><strong>Oktay Bal:</strong> Director and CTO<br /> Subcontracting in GSM for 12 years with Gök Bili?im, Larsan<br /> Subcontracting in Fiber Optic networks for 2 years with Ekati and Larsan<br /> Customers include Avea, Turkcell, Aria and Aycell through Ericsson in GSM; Turk Telekom and Alcatel in WiFi networks; Tellcom in Fiber</p>
    <p><strong>Yasar Kaya Aslan:</strong> Partner and CMO<br /> Construction with Es-Ceren<br /> Fiber Optic with Ekati<br /> Accredited by NATO and Turkish National Ministry of Defense (MSB)<br /> NATO Security Clerarance<br /> Various military and NATO buildings in Turkey<br /> Awards from MSB and Turkish Command</p>
    <p><strong>Altug Alptekin:</strong> COO<br /> Electronics & Communications Engineer<br /> Was in charge of Ericsson operation in Turkey for 11 years; GSM and transmission operations<br /> Experience in Algiers, Israel, Palestine, Syria, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova</p>
    <p>*<strong> Adem Örcün:</strong> Director, Broadband Operations<br /> - Electrical/Electronics Engineer<br /> - Was in charge of major broadband company operations<br /> - Experience in Turkey, Ukraine</p>
    </div>
    </div>

radu81 Friend

glad I could help and glad taht you solved 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  radu81 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum