Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    I cannot find where to change the copyright information :
    Copyright 2005 – 2008 Welcome to JA Genista. Designed by JoomlArt.com ?

I have changed the xml file in modules/footer but nothing changes on live server ??

Anyone?

Best from JOE

wooohanetworks Friend

As you are a member since some time and may fall under the agreement to have the right to remove the “Designed by Joomlart.com” with your earlier club membership, you can simply remove that copyright in the templates index.php or footer.php files.

This is the outside appearing copyright notice, the one you did remove is some inside one.

You have to open your index.php in the templates folder and may see the copyright in the lower section. In some cases it is also contained in the footer.php or some other file.

Like I said, from my knowledge you are allowed to remove the copyright, when I am wrong then correct me with this one, as I joined shortly before the change of the terms and so was allowed to remove this footer or change it to my needs.

Hope this helps!

bennitos Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 103296 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Like I said, from my knowledge you are allowed to remove the copyright, when I am wrong then correct me with this one, as I joined shortly before the change of the terms and so was allowed to remove this footer or change it to my needs.
    </blockquote>

wooohanetworks is right. You are allowed to change the copyright, the policy about removing the copyright was changed halfway 2008 but did not affect older members, seeing you are a member from december 2007 you can still remove without costs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum