Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I imagine a few people have had this problem but I can’t seem to find a great deal of info about it. With the standard JA Purity template bundled with Joomla, the footer intermittently floats up the page when navigating my test site. Sometimes it stays where it should, other times it moves half way up the page. Any one else experiencing this?
    thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi tricky1499 !
    this is strange problem , you can send me some url appear that problem .

tricky1499 Friend

Hi hainn84. thanks for the reply
    Here is a snapshot of the problem taken from an install of Joomla on my local machine:
    ———–
    ———–
    There’s also a thread over at the Joomla forum with other people reporting the same issue. The screenshot I’ve provided is a ‘straight out of the box’ install of J1.5. It’s kind of an intermittent problem – if you refresh the page, quite often the footer realigns to the bottom but visit another page, and it floats up the page again (although not every time).
    Hope that makes sense:)
    regards

Sherlock Friend

Hi tricky1499 !

Missing the attachment file please kindy resend it for me

tricky1499 Friend

<em>@hainn84 104349 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi tricky1499 !

Missing the attachment file please kindy resend it for me</blockquote>
    Sorry hainn84
    Upgraded to J1.5 recently and forgot to upload the image to my new install. You should see it now.
    regards

imaaxx Friend

Hello,

I too was having an issue with the footer on JA_sanidine template with Joomla 1.0.15 I changed the code form this:

#ja-footer {
    clear: both;
    position: relative;
    padding: 8px 20px;
    margin: 0 10px;
    color: #666666;
    text-align: center;
    border-top: 1px solid #1D1D1Dbottom;
    background: #2F2F2F;
    }

To This:

#ja-footer {
    clear: both !Important;
    position: bottom;
    padding: 8px 20px;
    margin: 0 10px;
    color: #666666;
    text-align: center;
    border-top: 1px solid #1D1D1Dbottom;
    background: #2F2F2F;
    }

I do not know if this is the proper way to fix the floating footer problem with some of the site pages but it did seem to work for my problems… I tested this fix in IE7, IE8 and Firefox and it does seem to work. If there is a better fix then this please feel free to let us know.

Hope this helps someone else.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  imaaxx 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum