Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

My JA_Cloris site does not seem to render any fonts. I’ve checked the CSS and it all looks right. Firebug and Developer Tools (Chrome) show the class and font call but when the page renders in the browser no fonts are rendered.

Driving me nuts… pls help.

Thank you,
    J.

khoand Friend

I have just seen your site. But I don’t realize what you said. Could you give me a snapshot with your comments to illustrate your problem?

jazaria Friend

<em>@khoand 282470 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have just seen your site. But I don’t realize what you said. Could you give me a snapshot with your comments to illustrate your problem?</blockquote>

Image attached. Basically each of those blocks is a div with a class which sets the font but the font does not render on the page without having the font locally. In other words it works on my older dev machine because I had those fonts install but on my new machine (without the fonts installed) none of those texts renders right. They all render in default browser font (as you see).

Thanks much,
    J.

1. Joomlart-Cloris-Font-Problem-illustration
    khoand Friend

font BebasNeueRegular is not found. There are errors I have on my browser when I access your website

/templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.woffFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.ttfFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.svgFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    GET /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.woff 404 (Not Found)
    GET /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.ttf 404 (Not Found)
    GET /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.woff 404 (Not Found)
    GET /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.svg 404 (Not Found)

Avant Garde CE and Rochester font isn’t loaded. I just find 3 stylesheet.css files relate font-face on your website
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/stylesheet.css
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bitstream-vera/stylesheet.css
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/tex-gyre-adventor/stylesheet.css

jazaria Friend

<em>@khoand 282656 wrote:</em><blockquote>font BebasNeueRegular is not found. There are errors I have on my browser when I access your website

/templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.woffFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.ttfFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/BebasNeue-webfont.svgFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Avant Garde CE and Rochester font isn’t loaded. I just find 3 stylesheet.css files relate font-face on your website
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bebas-neue/stylesheet.css
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/bitstream-vera/stylesheet.css
    – /templates/ja_cloris/fonts/tex-gyre-adventor/stylesheet.css</blockquote>

Thanks Khoand. How did you find these errors?
    Also, I checked the paths – the font files DO exist at this path. Why would they say 404 if the file exists?

thank you,
    J.

jazaria Friend

<em>@jazaria 282795 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Khoand. How did you find these errors?
    Also, I checked the paths – the font files DO exist at this path. Why would they say 404 if the file exists?

thank you,
    J.</blockquote>

Nevermind. Found the problem – wrong capitalization of the file name on the font files. Silly error, sorry.

I still want to know where/how you found those errors though. That seems like good info to have 🙂

Thx,
    J.

khoand Friend

ok.
    I use chrome to view your website. And I use Inspect Element function (right click –> Inspect Element, or F12) (if you use Firefox, you use firebug add-on) –> I choose Show Console to view errors (second icon at left bottom corner)

jazaria Friend

Thanks khoand. I use Chrome’s developer tools and Firebug, but I’ve only ever used the CSS and HTML panels. I did not know Console would show http errors. ty.

J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jazaria 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum