Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    Fonts are too small in the default articles. Even by changing the size of these fonts in the text, they always remain at the same size.
    What should be done to make them appear bigger please?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can share the credentials of your site and tell me the part of text you want to change the size (K2 or Joomla article), I will check for you.

yvan01 Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    It is nice to propose this but I would prefer to correct by myself please to better know this template.
    Can you guide me for that please?
    Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Let me take the demo site for example: http://ja-wall.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/78-hi-tech/105-melody-civilization-inclined-vincent

You can easily know how the elements on a page are styled by using editor like Inspect Element in your web browser, just right click on element >> Inspect Element.

On the right panel, you can see how that element is styled and hover the file to see which file path declares this style.

Check this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/h824ac

So on above page, it’s defined in: root/templates/ja_wall (your default template)/css/core.css file. You simply open this file and change to the value as you wish.

Then do the same with other elements that you want to change.

Hope this helps.

yvan01 Friend

Your support is of great quality and I thank you for it.
    However, I can not solve the problem.

The size of the text I want to change is the thumbnail of the article NOT OPENED.
    This is the size that we see on "the wall".

In the two attached images, I hope I have followed the process correctly.
    But I do not see any font settings in line 280 shown (/wall/templates/ja_wall/css/template.css) …

Thank you for your help and sorry for my ignorance.

1. 2017-11-09_08-28-33
    2. 2017-11-08_08-52-19-0001
    Saguaros Moderator

In that ‘template.css’ file, you see this declaration:

.item .content {
        display: block;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
    }

you can override the font size by adding like this:

.item .content {
        display: block;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        font-size: 15px;
    }

and change to your desired value.

yvan01 Friend

Thank you Saguaros.
    Thanks to your advice, I was able to find the line that is causing the problem.
    ligne 553
    with font-size: 130%; / bigger content font /
    }

Now, if a new version of the template happens, the file will be overwritten.
    So, do you know if I can place this command in custom.css and if yes, how can I give the instructions?

Thank you again, very sincerely

Saguaros Moderator

JA Wall is not built with any framework – just like normal Joomla template if you want to use ‘custom.css’ file, pls try this way:

• Go to file: root/templates/ja_wall/index.php
    • Look for this line of code:
      JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true);

Add a new snippet of code underneath it to load ‘custom.css’ file:

JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true);

// CUSTOM CSS
    if (is_file(__DIR__ . '/css/custom.css')) {
        $this->addStyleSheet($this->baseurl . '/templates/' . $this->template . '/css/custom.css');
    }

This way will help to keep your custom css code not be affected / lost when updating template but you still need to REMEMBER to backup this index.php file.

yvan01 Friend

A big thank you for these explanations!
    Once the custom.css file is created, which line of code do I have to write to it so that the font stays at the specified size in line ligne 553 of the template?

This one only (I don’t think) ?
    with font-size: 130%; / bigger content font /
    }

Sincerely regards,

Saguaros Moderator

Just open the ‘custom.css’ file and add the rule for element you wish. For example:

.item .content {
      font-size: 130%;
    }
    yvan01 Friend

Thank you for this return.

Alas, it does not work. I put three screenshots in attachments to show what was written in each of the files.
    If it’s too tiring to continue, tell me. I will understand very well that the support stops here.

1. 2017-11-13_08-39-13
    2. 2017-11-13_08-40-30
    3. 2017-11-13_09-23-57
    Saguaros Moderator

You can share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account

And screenshot highlights the text you want to increase the size, I will check for you.

yvan01 Friend

It’s nice of you. We will stop there.
    The modification of the template is not frequent and I will correct the line manually in case of overwriting.
    Thank you for your seriousness and your constancy.

Regards.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s my pleasure!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum