Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

My new JA Antares website is http://dev.jeffkrukin.com (if not there, it’s been moved to http://www.jeffkrukin.com by the time you read this). If you look at the black text I’ve written on the homepage you’ll see how light it is. Can this be made darker, such as the way black text appears in Word?

Also, can the light blue text of the article titles be made darker, as you see “Jeff Krukin” in the upper left corner?

Finally, when creating new content I’m surprised that I can’t choose a font type; is this a Joomla limitation? I see the drop-down boxes for “Styles,” but I don’t know what all these are for. Where is this documented?

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Menalto Friend

For the text on homepage, open up template_css.css line 18:

body {
    color:#5A5A5A; <--------------HERE YOU CAN CHANGE TO #000000
    font-family:Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    line-height:1.5;
    }

For the light blue text, template_css.css line 509:

.contentheading {
    color:#3F89C3; <--------------HERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE BLUE
    font-size:1.7em;
    }

jakrukin Friend

This is most helpful, thank you. Any idea where I might find information that tells me what colors are associated with specific number-letter specifications?

Any thoughts on these questions in my original post?: Finally, when creating new content I’m surprised that I can’t choose a font type; is this a Joomla limitation? I see the drop-down boxes for “Styles,” but I don’t know what all these are for. Where is this documented?

Jeff

jakrukin Friend

I’ve made the changes you suggested, thank you. Seeing how this looked, I then replaced all color:#5A5A5A with #000000 so all the gray text would be black, but there are still some gray text areas as you can see at http://www.jeffkrukin.com. How do I make these black?

Any thoughts on these questions in my original post?: Finally, when creating new content I’m surprised that I can’t choose a font type; is this a Joomla limitation? I see the drop-down boxes for “Styles,” but I don’t know what all these are for. Where is this documented?

Thank you.

Jeff

jakrukin Friend

Greetings. It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted the above questions; will anyone be providing a response?

Thank you.

Jeff

bernhar Friend

Hi Jeff,

as far as I know the styles in your editor should be picked up from your css. Using font-style as you want is usually no good idea. Are you talking about font-family?
    Don´t know which gray you want to get black but this is defined by css. Just look at the class of your gray items and change it in the css file.
    All of these things are no special features of antares but are controlled as usual in all joomla templates.
    If you want me to I will guide you though some of these things.

Bernhard

jakrukin Friend

Thank you for your offer, Bernhard, some guidance would be helpful as I’m transitioning from a FrontPage 2003 environment.

Regarding fonts, I don’t know what you mean by “font-family.” I’m wondering if, and how, I can select a font type and size when creating new content. I don’t see how to do that with the user interface. If I can do that within a file please guide me. Note that this isn’t crucial, so if it’s not a good idea as you say I’ll avoid it. I would like to understand why it’s not a good idea.

Regarding the text that I’d like to be black, if you look at http://www.jeffkrukin.com I’m referring to the text at the bottom under “The Top Five!” and below that in the footer.

Thank you.

Jeff

P.S. I’ve specified “Instant email notification” yet I don’t receive them, not even in my Junk folder. Any thoughts on this?

bernhar Friend

Jeff,

if you really don´t know what font-family means I would propose to learn the basics of xhtml and css first. Without a basic knowledge of these things it is impossible to give you some more detailed advice. This might also be the reason why nobody gave you an answer here.
    A cms like Joomla does also follow the usual techniques combining xhtml and css in order to make the layout and design of a website. In addition it uses php in several places where a normal static usage of xhtml/css would fail. If you know the basics you will be able to answer your question yourself and without knowing them my answers would remain cryptic to you, believe me.
    Sorry for not being more of a help.

Bernhard

jakrukin Friend

Well, I asked for guidance and got it. I appreciate your candor and insight.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jakrukin 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum