Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Ive got font resize tool working in Edenite now and fine in IE, firefox and Opera.

But does nothing in Webkit (chrome and safari)

Its weird because newer templates such as JA TRONA does work and upon chekcing the css they both use pixles to define body fs sizes so cant see why doesnt work for EDENITE

Any ideas? :((

ShannonN Friend

wrongjon;123215Hi
    Ive got font resize tool working in Edenite now and fine in IE, firefox and Opera.

But does nothing in Webkit (chrome and safari)

Its weird because newer templates such as JA TRONA does work and upon chekcing the css they both use pixles to define body fs sizes so cant see why doesnt work for EDENITE

Any ideas? :((

can’t help if we have no url to view the underlying code and compare with our versions or demo
    I think the mods need to have a dialogue box popup before allowing a post this box should contain what info should be supplied it gets so frustrating seeing calls for help and no url
    ShannonN

wrongjon Friend

Sorry Shannon
    Its not live and wasnt sure if I should add it

The URL is http://demo.languagescompany.com/

Anthony Martin Friend

Hi, Could someone tell me where to find the Font resize tool / module? I’ve not been able to find a third party one to work with the template – and always assumed there wasn’t opne for this template. Have you been able to get one to work?

wrongjon Friend

Hi
    I think this feature is hidden out of the box so I copied code from another template but also found that some of the underlying functionailty was already in Edenite.

I’m working on a site and got it working but doesn’t work in Web kit (Safari/Chrome) so if you can solve that atfer getting it installed please let me know as site goes live next week 🙂

1. I added this code to my index.php up top right in header area.

<div id="ja-usertools">
    <?php $tmpTools->genToolMenu(JA_TOOL_FONT, 'png'); ?>
    </div>

This calls genToolMenu from the file /ja_templatetools_1.5.php (in your template dir)

2. I had to copy and rework the three graphics from another template and copied these to template dir / edenite / images / default / user-decrease.png, user-increase.png and user-reset.png

3. Added some CSS for the font menu

ul.ja-usertools-font {
    background:#99cc66;
    position:absolute;
    right:5px;
    top:5px;
    margin:0;
    padding: 3px;

}

ul.ja-usertools-font li {
    display:inline;
    padding: 0px 2px;
    background:none;
    }

4. Had to change the code in two places in following file ja_templatetools_1.5.php

Line 24

if ($this->getParam(JA_TOOL_FONT) && !in_array(JA_TOOL_FONT, $_params_cookie)) {
    $_params_cookie[]=JA_TOOL_FONT;
    }
    //JJA fixed font resize next page memory
    //if (($this->getParam(JA_TOOL_USER) & 2) && !in_array(JA_TOOL_FONT, $_params_cookie)) {

and line 83

changed from gif to png as thats what im using for teh three font buttons

function genToolMenu($ja_tools, $imgext = 'png'){

So thats all I did I think and it works – see at http://demo.languagescompany.com/

But like I say it only works in IE, FF and Opera… not Webkit browsers such as safari and chrome.

Ive looked at demo template son the joomlart site and compared my css fonts and mine are using pixels for teh various font size styles..

body.fs1 {font-size: 10px;}
    body.fs2 {font-size: 11px;}
    body.fs3 {font-size: 12px;}
    body.fs4 {font-size: 13px;}
    body.fs5 {font-size: 14px;}
    body.fs6 {font-size: 15px;}

If anyone knows why this isnt working please let me know

thnaks in advance
    jonathan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wrongjon 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum