Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear JoomlArt staff

I’d like to use Font-Awesome in JA Teline IV (latest version under J 3.1.5). Is this possible ? If yes, what will I have to do ?

Kind regards from Switzerland

phong nam Friend

Hi hengstler,

Yes. You can. In order to use the Font Awesome icon on JA Teline IV template you can refer this steps:

1. Download and attract the Font Awesome’s folders to templatesja_teline_ivfonts path.

2. Open templatesja_teline_ivetclayoutsdefault.xml, then put the line for calling the new .css file of Font Awesome:

<stylesheets>
    <file>fonts/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

3. Use the available css classes of icons, fonts like in http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and clear JAT3 cache after saving changes.

hengstler Friend

Thank you very much, I’ll give it a try …

hengstler Friend

I’m afraid that it doesn’t work properly. I only receive something like this …

I’ve uploaded the files to “templatesja_teline_ivfonts” and inserted new css to “templatesja_teline_ivetclayoutsdefault.xml”.

After this, I’ve cleaned cache

1. font-awesome-error
    phong nam Friend

Hi hengstler,

Can you tell me which icon class you selected to display and put your website’s url here ? I will be happy to check it for you.

hengstler Friend

Thank you …

Please refer to http://j31.igtierschutz.ch/index.php/fontawesome, which is a test environment with latest Joomla (3.1.5) and latest JA template, modules and plugins.

I’ve inserted the following:

<p><i class=”icon-flag icon-4x pull-left icon-border”></i>Use a few of the new styles together … lots of new possibilities. </p>

All files are uploaded to the folders and

<stylesheets>
    <file>fonts/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

is added in “templatesja_teline_ivetclayoutsdefault.xml”

Thanks again for your kind help

Regards from Switzerland

phong nam Friend

Hi hengstler,

I still wonder why there are two icon-flag:before elements being loaded on that page. Anyways, you can try to put these codes into templates/ja_teline_iv/css/template.css file:

.icon-flag:before {
    content: "35" !important;
    }

Clear JAT3 cache then. Lets me check the new Font Awesome 3.2.1 on our JA Teline IV template one more time, reply you again tomorrow morning.

hengstler Friend

Well, this works. But I think it would be very useful if I do not have to insert code like this to get it working :), because I’d like to use some other icons from “FontAwesome”.

It’s not that top urgent, but it would be awesome …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hengstler 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum