Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I can add a font awesome icon in the module title by adding the font awesome code in the module header class field. However, it will not only add the icon it also restyles my module header.
    Is there a way to add a font awesome icon to a module title while preserving the module header style?

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

May I know which module you want to add FA icon? send me screenshot highlighting it.

blackfiction Friend

Basically I want to add font awesome icons to several modules. So, it is more in general that I want to know how it should work. For example on the "Klassement" module.
    I have added a screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

1. FAIcon
    Saguaros Moderator

You can achieve that with some CSS skill, kindly follow this tweak:

• Add class suffix for module: I assume that you want to add icon before title of module called Events in sidebar-1 position, so just access Backend > Extensions > Modules > look for this module > navigate to Advanced tab and add a new class there, for example extraIcon (Remember to add a space before class name): http://prntscr.com/brcr3u

• Go to file: ROOT/templates/ja_your_default_template/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist) and add this rule:
      .t3-module.extraIcon .module-title span:before {
      content: "\f073";
      font-family: FontAwesome;
      padding-right: 0.5em;
      }

content property here is content value of FontAwesome icons, you can check out list here

mariorvtsilva Friend

Hi,

Great tip! Trying to achieve this for some time. Glad I came to the forum.

Followed the steps described above but, so far, was not able to get it right.

Attached are the pics for the backend module and the css (actually I inserted the code on two different files to check if one of them would work).

Would you please help.

Best regards

1. Backend
    2. CSS01
    3. CSS02
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Are you working on backend of your site? something wrong it it.

Kindly check and also send me the ftp account.

mariorvtsilva Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Could you help to check the FTP account again as it doesn’t work?

And did you try to access backend of your site? there seems to be problem with the interface of admin dashboard.

mariorvtsilva Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Apparently you are not able to access site’s backend, frontend and FTP account.

All is fine from our side, the site is up and running. The IP address is 188.93.227.28

If you want I may put your ip address on the server’s white list, perhaps this may solve the issue.

Best regards

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum