Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to expand the width of the page to full width (fluid)?

I cannot get the Specified Percentage and Specified Pixels parts to work on this template. Regardless of what number I put in, the size does not change.

I would like it to be the same width as the old ja_purity template. In that template I could make it 97% width and know that on any monitor the screen would be almost full.

Please help…..

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hi Uriah,

I think what you are wanting to use is the AUTO setting…as that is what will adjust the template automatically based on the users screen size and resolution.

SPECIFIED PERCENTAGE is making sure no matter how SMALL the window goes there will always be a set left and right border. It’s protection in SMALL windows…not expansion in LARGE. The AUTO function is the one that does the expansion.

Try that and see.

Have fun!
    John.

helrunar Friend

<em>@jbrett 152655 wrote:</em><blockquote> The AUTO function is the one that does the expansion.

Try that and see..</blockquote>

Hi john,

not realy. If i go to a high resolution, then it look like the picture

1. neueaseite1
    rikh Friend

I must agree with helrunar, borders always remain. I was trying to get from earlier purity to the new one, but I have many isues out there 🙁

jaybrd1 Friend

The template is defaulted to a max width of 1200px.
    To change this, you go to layout.css – Line 16
    <blockquote>.main { width: 980px; max-width: 1200px; margin: 0 auto; position: relative;}</blockquote>

and change it to:

<blockquote>.main { width: 980px; margin: 0 auto; position: relative;}</blockquote>
    or
    <blockquote>.main { width: 980px; max-width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; position: relative;}</blockquote>

There will still be padding around the mainbody, but I am sure you can adjust that if you need .

helrunar Friend

Hello jaybrd,

i will try it tomorrow and look how it work. Thanks for your reply

<em>@helrunar 153094 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi john,

not realy. If i go to a high resolution, then it look like the picture</blockquote>

Just so we’re on the same page here….

While you can hack the CSS to get the desired effect…this setting can be changed very easily in the admin area:

ADMIN > EXTENSIONS > TEMPLATE MANAGER > (your template)
    That’s is where you change to “AUTO” as I described above to get the desired – non-border – effect.

This template is designed to do exactly what you are seeking. So I’d flip the switch on it first, before going to the trouble of changing the CSS.

Sorry for the confusion…I had assumed we were talking about the standard template parameter area.

John.

helrunar Friend

Hi John,

thank you for your reply. I go to the css an set the max_width to 100% and all looks fine 😀

I was just wondering, because i work with a resulution with 1280px and there was always a border. My client told me that she work with a higher resolution, so she got a bigger border then mine.

And that’s why you don’t want to mess with the CSS cause you are overriding what the template was designed to do. What you are wanting to do is actually built in to the CSS…but not in the areas you are changing.

So basically what you’ve done…and which is really NOT a problem…is to change the fixed-width CSS areas to make them fluid.

If you want to ever go back to a fixed width…then you’ll have to reverse the CSS work instead of simply selecting a different dropdown menu item.

Glad you’ve got it working the way you want!
    Have fun!
    john.

helrunar Friend

Hello John,

<blockquote>What you are wanting to do is actually built in to the CSS…</blockquote>

So, can you tell me how or where i can do? The only thing i want is to set the Template to 100%. But if i use Auto in the Backend, it will stop at 1200px. If i set 97%, so it will also stop on 1200px. But i need a higher resolution.

ikerjer Friend

Hi there everyone!

Before opening a new thread I did some previous searching and found this one. Although I’ve got a slightly different problem, I’m sure u will be able to help me out 🙂

My problem is that when modifying Ja purity II template to fit my own design, the backend template parameters such as Template Width don’t work as expected anymore… For example, whenever I change it to start with Narrow screen mode, or Wide, Auto, or Specified pixel, there’s no change at all in the way it’s shown.

Doing some research on my own, I realised that if u change templateDetails.xml Description tag, u don’t see anymore JoomlArt’ s Overview of the template on the left side of the administration page. Could my problem be related to changing the templateDetails.xml, or the params.ini file? I’ve also made some changes to files like footer.php, header.php to fit my purposes, and also to the layout.css as mentioned in this thread before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. screenshot
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ikerjer 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum