Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

If you look at the link structure within the main job list for categories, it is different than viewing categories in the counter module. This means that we are creating two different pages with the same exact content, which is bad for SEO. To fix, I opened up mod_jajobs_counter/tmpl/default.php

Find the following line:

<li style="padding-bottom:5px;"> <?php if( isset($item->space)) echo $item->space;?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jajobs&layout=filter_job_list&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&'.$item->field.'='.$item->value.'&'.$item->field.'_alias='.$item->text)?>"><?php echo $item->text?></a><?php if($show_counter){?> (<?php echo $item->num;?>) <?php }?></li>

And change to:

<li style="padding-bottom:5px;"> <?php if( isset($item->space)) echo $item->space;?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jajobs&layout=filter_job_list&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&'.$item->field.'_alias='.$item->text.'&'.$item->field.'='.$item->value)?>"><?php echo $item->text?></a><?php if($show_counter){?> (<?php echo $item->num;?>) <?php }?></li>

brentwilliams2 Friend

Just so you all know, I just upgraded to version 1.0.3 and this problem is still there. Here is the code I am using:

<li style="padding-bottom:5px;"> <?php if( isset($item->space)) echo $item->space;?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jajobs&layout=filter_job_list&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&'.$item->field.'_alias='.$item->text.'&'.$item->field.'='.$item->value)?>"><?php echo $item->text?></a><?php if($show_counter){?> (<?php echo $item->num;?>) <?php }?></li>

HeR0 Friend

@brent may be that file is overridden when you upgrade component.
    Thank for bringing this to our attention. I will add this issue to product backlog for improvement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum