Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to get a fixed height for each category in the Ja-News module? The height of the category changes when a large picture or “more” links are included. Please see attached screenshot…

1. fixed_height
    producer111 Friend

Yes, that will be great if an option like this (fixed and non fixed height) existed…. and it’s more important than it looks at first site.

furious bez Friend

<em>@PGLion 54191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is it possible to get a fixed height for each category in the Ja-News module? The height of the category changes when a large picture or “more” links are included. Please see attached screenshot…</blockquote>

I would like a Template Developer’s reply as well. My first thought would be to have a min-height attribute coded in the css file for that element.

valic Friend

<em>@PGLion 54191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is it possible to get a fixed height for each category in the Ja-News module? The height of the category changes when a large picture or “more” links are included. Please see attached screenshot…</blockquote>

yes, it’s possible!

See example same height

You have to in ja_news.css ( public_html/templates/ja_teline/css/ja.news.css)
    in line 44 it’s that:

<blockquote>.jazin-box {
    background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-x bottom;
    margin: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 15px;
    }</blockquote>

you just add height( this you need manual see which height it’s good for your site), my site have height for ja_news 270px
    <blockquote>.jazin-box {
    background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-x bottom;
    margin: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 15px;
    height: 270px;
    }</blockquote>

That works if you dont use css from module, but if you choose options in modul:
    Add module CSS,

the same things , but in /public_html//modules/ja_news/ja.news.css

PGLion Friend

Such a simple solution and what a great result, thx for your help valic!

valic Friend

<em>@PGLion 55717 wrote:</em><blockquote>Such a simple solution and what a great result, thx for your help valic!</blockquote>

your welcome,;)

but i have seen that in IE6 it’s not same thing, just first row it’s in line, second it’s not!

You could check out, but it’s not something big difference ( i think so :p)

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@valic 55523 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes, it’s possible!

See example same height

You have to in ja_news.css ( public_html/templates/ja_teline/css/ja.news.css)
    in line 44 it’s that:

you just add height( this you need manual see which height it’s good for your site), my site have height for ja_news 270px

That works if you dont use css from module, but if you choose options in modul:
    Add module CSS,

the same things , but in /public_html//modules/ja_news/ja.news.css</blockquote>

Hi valic,

I do that also, add a height fix. One problem with this fixed height: If the reader increases the font size large enough, the height required by the contents of the section (or category, — i.e., headlines, text, images, links, etc. — may exceed the “W x H” area of the section, and the bottom contents of the top section will spill over into the top of the next section directly below.

I created a website for a friend of mine for their group — many of them are senior citizens and want very very large fonts, and the “spill over problem” with fixed height is a great problem.

I think there might be a better solution to this. For example, the contents of the JA News FrontPage will never spill into the JA News — no matter how large the fonts are changed.

Similarly, if you have used the old JA Teline, this issue was never encountered in the JA News of the previous JA Teline’s JA News. The height may be variable for the various sections, but because the side by side 2-column or n-column have the default height of the tallest column in in a given row, you do not see the jagged height in the previous JA Teline.

Thus, what you see in the contents of the former JA News module of the previous JA Teline, is a very clean layout, because the respective side-by-side rows, always have the same height. And, more important, no problem of encountering spillover of contents to the bottom “sections” or rows, no matter how much a reader will increase the fonts.

Unfortunately, this problem of jagged height is encountered in JA Teline II because the layout of its JA News was changed to “two major columns in one major row” layout format.

My question here is this: Is it possible to adopt the module of the JA News in the JA Teline as a substitute for the JA News of the existing JA Teline II.

Cornelio

Excalibur! Friend

Hvala Valiću!

valic Friend

<em>@Excalibur! 56017 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hvala Valiću!</blockquote>

nema na čemu,
    netko iz mojih krajeva:D

david892 Friend

Thanks! It solved my problem!

contecon Friend

I know that I’m about a year behind the story on this, but thank you Valic for this code. It works brilliantly and makes the page look so much more professional.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  contecon 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum