Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    thanks for this great framework! I want to share some impressions:

1) <position>top</position> in templateDetails.xml should be <position>top-panel</position>. at least thats how its used in the layouts.

2) local profile settings are saved, but the information from xml file is not displayed/loaded in the backend. if i click on my profile it displays the default config. i would prefer to see the actual settings.

3) css priority is good, but i personally dont think its very user friendly. for example if create a theme and want to style the default joomla list menu, i have to make sure i override all predefined list and menu settings from the default css provided by the jat3 plugin. please correct me if i am wrong 😉 !

one last question:
    how do i display 2 images in the header? i used one as logo, but i need a 2nd one at the right side. right now i use a background in #ja-header .main {} but thats not perfect (in RTL view).

thanks for your help!

regards

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi flummi84,

Have a look at this video >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YwdWd0mzxc&fmt=22 (view in full screen), its not completed yet. Though, it has the profile saving, local themes etc…. It might help you.

Regards

Arvind

Stephan Friend

hello,

thx for your reply but i dont see how a general video is going to help.

the new version 1.1.0 got some old problems as well:
    the xml file has the same errors as the very first version (favicon, index.html, ..)
    fixed width setting in local profiles got no effect. i tried that on 2 servers.
    the new plugin version give me an error with plugins/system/jat3/core/joomla/modulehelper.php on line 30

i dont get the impression t3v2 is very mature.

regards

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@flummi84 186668 wrote:</em><blockquote>

1) <position>top</position> in templateDetails.xml should be <position>top-panel</position>. at least thats how its used in the layouts.
    </blockquote>

you can easily create this position in Joomla admin, <position>top-panel</position> is created for top message displayed at demo site only.

2) local profile settings are saved, but the information from xml file is not displayed/loaded in the backend. if i click on my profile it displays the default config. i would prefer to see the actual settings.
    </blockquote>

This is a confirmed bug in 1.0.0 Beta, I believe this has been solved with the T3 Framwork (plugin) vesion 1.1.0

3) css priority is good, but i personally dont think its very user friendly. for example if create a theme and want to style the default joomla list menu, i have to make sure i override all predefined list and menu settings from the default css provided by the jat3 plugin. please correct me if i am wrong 😉 !
    </blockquote>

Yes, and you SHOULD do it in one of your css file in your local theme folder so you don’t lose it if there is any update. How can this be not user friendly? What if you dont need overrides?

one last question:
    how do i display 2 images in the header? i used one as logo, but i need a 2nd one at the right side. right now i use a background in #ja-header .main {} but thats not perfect (in RTL view).
    </blockquote>

You will need an addtional block to the right of your logo. You can copy this file

pluginsplg_system_jat3jat3base-themesdefaultblockshead.php

and put in corresponding folder in your local-theme folder

Stephan Friend

<blockquote> <blockquote>Originally Posted by flummi84

3) css priority is good, but i personally dont think its very user friendly. for example if create a theme and want to style the default joomla list menu, i have to make sure i override all predefined list and menu settings from the default css provided by the jat3 plugin. please correct me if i am wrong !</blockquote>
    Yes, and you SHOULD do it in one of your css file in your local theme folder so you don’t lose it if there is any update. How can this be not user friendly? What if you dont need overrides?</blockquote>

i see your point. but lets say i create a list style menu from scratch and i dont want paddings in li li, i will have to enter padding: 0; so that the plugins css list style is outruled and does not create paddings for me. but the idea is good one.

<blockquote>You will need an addtional block to the right of your logo. You can copy this file

and put in corresponding folder in your local-theme folder</blockquote>

thanks, i didnt know the overrides are that strong.

Is there a way to auto-update the template if i changed the main template folders name and the xml?

regards

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>Is there a way to auto-update the template if i changed the main template folders name and the xml?</blockquote>

Sorry it is impossible.

vershly Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 187072 wrote:</em><blockquote>

You will need an addtional block to the right of your logo. You can copy this file

and put in corresponding folder in your local-theme folder</blockquote>

Unfortunately there is no longer the file, and it would probably help me
    How do I put the image on the right of the logo “T3 Framework 2” in the header, because there’s now a white space. I know this is a simple matter, but unfortunately I do not know on this :((

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vershly 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum