Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I enable the FeedGator Pseudo-cron plugin and click on a menu link, I get redirected to a Yahoo search page. Is anyone else experiencing this bizarre behaviour?

When I disable the plugin, the website menu links perform as expected.

Rene

Sherlock Friend

<em>@renejdm 320886 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

When I enable the FeedGator Pseudo-cron plugin and click on a menu link, I get redirected to a Yahoo search page. Is anyone else experiencing this bizarre behaviour?

When I disable the plugin, the website menu links perform as expected.

Rene</blockquote>

Hi Rene,

You can pm me your url where the issue is seen, the admin account and the FTP Info if possible, I will have a checking for you into this issue.

renejdm Friend

Hi Sherlock,

I sent a private message with the login details.

Rene

Sherlock Friend

<em>@renejdm 321073 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Sherlock,

I sent a private message with the login details.

Rene</blockquote>

Hi renejdm,

when I enabled the php error message I see a error message like this
    <blockquote> Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/jadev2_data/sites/auto/qs.wallj25.1337662323/administrator/components/com_feedgator/plugins/com_k2/com_k2.php on line 367</blockquote>
    The problem is probably coming from the com_feedgator itself, we will be checking on this, you can also post questions to the com_feedgator team to get helping hand 🙂 at this moment I think you should leave this plugin disabled.

renejdm Friend

Thanks Sherlock,

Please inform me when you have made progress on this issue.

Rene

sergio_12 Friend

I have 500 error – when I public feedgator plugin (((
    If somebody have idea how to reslove it please give a hand to us!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@sergio_12 321436 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have 500 error – when I public feedgator plugin (((
    If somebody have idea how to reslove it please give a hand to us!</blockquote>

Feedgotor is using get RSS from other site. You can disable this component if you get error 500. This is 3rd party component: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/feedgator/. You can raise bug to feedgator: (http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/feedgator/frs/?action=FrsReleaseView&release_id=16321) and they will help you solve it

renejdm Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Since FeedGator is a first class citizen in your template I would assume that you would help people to solve this problem, rather than referring them to the developer of the component. I also have had this problem since the beta version. Your answer surprises me. Let us work together to solve this problem.

Rene

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,
    @rene
    I have add a social feed to your site and it work. I think you should have no problem with FeedGator.
    http://99petwalls.com/skysport
    @sergio_12
    Please send your information so I can take a look.
    About 500 error. You may try this.
    Please go to
    administratorcomponentscom_k2models
    and rename userGroup.xml => usergroup.xml

If it still does not solve your problem, please let me know with your access information.

Regards

sergio_12 Friend

<em>@Wall Crasher 322235 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    @rene
    I have add a social feed to your site and it work. I think you should have no problem with FeedGator.
    http://99petwalls.com/skysport
    @sergio_12
    Please send your information so I can take a look.
    About 500 error. You may try this.
    Please go to
    administratorcomponentscom_k2models
    and rename userGroup.xml => usergroup.xml

If it still does not solve your problem, please let me know with your access information.

Regards</blockquote>

Hello, Wall Crasher, thank for your advise!

1) In this directory: administratorcomponentscom_k2models – In my case was both of files: “userGroup.xml” and “usergroup.xml” else. I rename userGroup.xml => OLD_userGroup.xml (without publishing Feedgator plugin) site work fine.
    2) I create in K2 new category “RSS News”
    3) I publish Feedgator plugin
    4) Create new feed (default feed from JA Wall stay there else)
    5) Connect this feed with new K2 ctegory “RSS News”
    6) Make point of menu “RSS News” in “Social feed menu” and connect with K2 Category for show “RSS News”
    7) Make cashe clean put on previw bottom and …
    all site is fall down with “HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)”

i send to you info about access with hope resive some advise,
    thank for your attention!

Sergio Nobel

renejdm Friend

@wall Crasher,

Thanks for that. I am glad to see that FeedGator can work without the Pseudo-cron plugin. I will just leave it disabled.

Rene

sergio_12 Friend

Rene, can you share how to resolve it with FeedGator,
    Thanks

renejdm Friend

Hi sergio_12,

I honestly have not even looked at it since Wall Crasher tested it on my site (successfully) with the pseudo-cron plugin disabled. But apparently it works. When I first tried to set up an RSS feed I could not get it to work so I checked the plugins and saw the pseudo-cron plugin was disabled. So I thought that the cron plugin was the problem and I did not continue any further.

So I will just copy the feeds that work and change the category and source feed info in the future.

Alternatively, if this does not work you can try setting up your own cron job at whoever is hosting your website. The correct command can be found in FeedGator -> Support -> Configuring automatic imports using cron.

I hope that helps.

Rene

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi sergio_12,

I have checked and the plugin is working well. Please take a look at your site again.
    You should enable JAWall layout on your K2 category. Please follow the quickstart configuration. And take a look on document here:
    http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/documentation.html

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum