Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am stuck in my effort to get my favicon to show up in the browser tab when my site is on view in that browser tab.

The strange thing is that the favicon shows up at the browser tab for the back end of my website, but not at the browser tab showing the front end of my website — it’s home page. Nor does it show up on any page of the front end of my website. I attache a screen shot that shows this.

I replaced the favicon in the template>ja magz ii folder. I cleared my cache, I cleared my browser. What is so puzzling is why it shows up on the back end, but not the front.

Can anyone help me get my favicon to function properly?

Thank you!

Hank

hankedson Friend

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/update-path-does-not-exist-message/

Plugin JA Content Type

Hi
    As you updated the extension from JAEM , you have not worried , as Joomla can not update JA Extension , its due to Joomla cache , the update table its not yet updated on your site .

Hello Pankaj,

The message never disappeared until a new problem developed. I will start a new topic, however, and reference this string before explaining the new topic.

In your final comment in this string, I have trouble understanding what you are trying to say. I believe you are making grammatical errors and are saying something you do not intend to say. You write: "you have not worried…." In fact, I have and am worried. ? I think what you are trying to say is: "Don’t worry; when the update table is updated this message will go away." However, the message never went away, as I indicate here above, until a new problem developed, which I will describe in a new topic.

1. Favicon-mystery
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi hankedson
    Kindly do not merge another topic reply in the new topic . It creates confusion about the topic issues .
    As I can see this topic is for the favicon.ico .
    Kindly create a new favicon.ico with standard size 16×16 and replace it with current .ico file .
    Save it , clean browser and Joomla cache and check .

hankedson Friend

That’s what I did before I opened this topic. It will be a few days before I have time to do this yet one more time.

In the meantime, do you have any comment on what my image shows? It shows that the correct favicon is displaying on the back end page. Why is that? Why is it not showing on the front end page? The fact that it shows up at all indicates that I correctly created the .ico file and correctly replaced the joomlaicon file that came with the template. So although I will do what you ask, I wish I got some explanation specific to my first comment above.

hankedson Friend

And I apologize about blending topics. It was unintentional. Honestly, part of the problem is that when I post in this forum, the site is clunky and delayed when I "submit" a new reply or edit an old one. If I try to edit a past comment, it also does not react in a logical way and shows things I try to delete and does not show things I wanted to keep. It makes knowing what will appear feel like a crap shoot sometimes. I did not intend to have pasted the stuff in the second comment. I just tried to delete it, but then all I see is what I wanted to delete. So I retraced my steps going back to the email notification of your last comment. I really have no idea what will appear to you when you look at this.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    kindly apply my suggestion given in the first post :

Kindly create a new favicon.ico with standard size 16×16 and replace it with current .ico file .
    Save it , clean browser and Joomla cache and check .

The Joomla admin page fav icon comes from Joomla template not from JA Magz II .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum