Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I changed the favicon on different locations, in the /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images, folder, in templates/ja_social, in templates/ja_social/images , in templates/ja_social/core/themes

it is working on chrome and firefox, but not in IE . Cache etc cleared

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Your favicon file is in wrong format, it should be “favicon.ico” file from what i can see you have a favicon.jpg file which is not acceptable by many browsers (or at least they won’t bother to search if there is any other file than “favicon.ico” )

Regards

sandman1979 Friend

where do you see a favicon.jpg?

okay, apparently the file was called favicon.ico, but it was still a jpg, used http://favicon-generator.org/ to get a real. ico file… sorry…

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Sorry my bad i tried to see that from my browser but i was mistaken.
    But now i can see your favicon on IE here is a screen shot for you :

And i also checked the file size of your favicon.ico file and it appears to be the correct size. So you can speed up the process on IE to show your favicon.ico by entering this url to your browsers address right after your domain name -> /templates/ja_social/images/favicon.ico

Please let me know if that solves your problem.

Regards

Manos

1. favicon
    Dave Wester Friend

It is somewhere else:

…/public_html/plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images

Killerweb

Blaine Friend

Hi Killerweb!
    can we now close this thread?

Dave Wester Friend

Yes,please do so ;);)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Wester 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum