Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Can anybody help on this.

I used one of the online favicon generators to create a favicon.ico file. I replaced the original joomla favicon with my new one and added the perscribed line of code in the index.php
    namely:

<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”favicon.ico” >

I also gave it a couple of days to allow cache to flush out and the change to take. Only thing is this is not working….

Has anybody else implimneted this successfully on their site?

Can you advise me how to do this properly

Id much appreciate comments.

Regards

njb

šŸ˜‰

mfcphil Friend

not sure with the 1.5 but the older Joomlart you had to go into Global Configs and name the new favicon in the Favourites Site Icon:

jaway Friend

You need to change the favicon.ico on the Site level of the template and you don’t need to change any code. Let me know if you need any further instructions

vikramrao Friend

<em>@njbarbour 77476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Can anybody help on this.

I used one of the online favicon generators to create a favicon.ico file. I replaced the original joomla favicon with my new one and added the perscribed line of code in the index.php
    namely:

<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”favicon.ico” >

I also gave it a couple of days to allow cache to flush out and the change to take. Only thing is this is not working….

Has anybody else implimneted this successfully on their site?

Can you advise me how to do this properly

Id much appreciate comments.

Regards

njb

;)</blockquote>
    As Jaway said……. Don’t change any code anywhere. In Joomla 1.5xx…..

1. Just replace the file favicon.ico in the yoursite.com/templates/ja_purity/favicon.ico.

2. Clear your browser cash.

3. Done…There you go.

mj1256 Friend

and if you cannot find the favicon, you can get the path to it in the header of your templates index file

daylin Friend

Be sure to delete your cookies to ensure new favicon is exchanged. for future questions from anyone else be sure that the favicon is placed in the site root. some favicon extensions found on joomla.org only placed the favicon in the directory and may not be visible in some browsers. Internet Explorer often does not recognize favicons unless they are in the site root.

Also, are you using Firefox with the Firebug extension to help solve design problems and source code acquisition?

Donate credits and mark as ā€œbest answerā€ if this post helped you. Thank you and Good Luck!

daylin

Tuncay Arıcan Friend

As we know, the blogger default favicon is a favicon’a sahip.Eğer you want to use a different favicons in this article, I can change how we share it.

First, it must determine how to use a picture.

Select a picture size of 16 x 16 by installing it on any site to upload images directly to get the link.

Then, if you wish FavIcon from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUEln6rtgmk&feature=player_embedded

FavIcon from Pics

Tuncay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tuncay Arıcan 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum