Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

thanks g3rard…would never have found it. JA Social template hid favicon in same place

leonabil Friend

The simplest way to find out where and what file to replace in order to get your new favico.ico set, is by going to your live site and getting it source code (right click on the page and click on get the source code), make a search on the file for favico.ico, you’ll get the location your site loads the image from, i.e: <link href=”/plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images/favicon.ico” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />

Then surf to the directoy plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images/, delete favico.ico, then replace it with the new one.

This method saves you a lot of time and efforts.

Hope this helps!

abercrombie Friend

<em>@g3rard 203044 wrote:</em><blockquote>The favicon in JA Droid is located at the path below. The developers hide so well, but I still found it :laugh: . Delete it first then replace to have a faster effect:

plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images

Glad to be of help :)</blockquote>
    This worked for me. Was pulling my hair out wondering why the favicon in the /template/ folder didn’t change things.

radioactive Friend

I tried removing all those icon files ..also uploaded new one ..cleared the cookies..cleared the catch …yet i get the same favicon with ja methys ..can anyone tell me how to change it with ja methys ???

kandsgroup Friend

<em>@g3rard 203044 wrote:</em><blockquote>The favicon in JA Droid is located at the path below. The developers hide so well, but I still found it :laugh: . Delete it first then replace to have a faster effect:

plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images

Glad to be of help :)</blockquote>

thanks g3rard.. ja teline iii template (joomla 1.7) favicon location also same as you

newtonandebe Friend

<em>@g3rard 203045 wrote:</em><blockquote>The Favicon is locted here. Delete it first then replace it with our new .ico

plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images :)</blockquote>

Thanks.The technique worked faster than i thought!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  newtonandebe 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum