Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have searched for help before asking here.
    I can see (using view source) that my website uses the following line of code to call the favicon
    <link href="/ChurchWebsite/templates/purity_iii/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" />

I have generated a favicon.ico file and placed it in ChurchWebsite/templates/purity_iii

The online favicon generator also generates png files (for example favicon-16×16.png and apple-touch-icon-144×144.png)
    Where do I put these png files?

The online generator also generates code and says it should go ‘in the head’
    The code looks like this

link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="144×144" href="apple-touch-icon-144×144.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="152×152" href="apple-touch-icon-152×152.png" />
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="favicon-32×32.png" sizes="32×32" />
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="favicon-16×16.png" sizes="16×16" />
    <meta name="application-name" content=" "/>
    <meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#FFFFFF" />
    <meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="mstile-144×144.png" />

I tried going to templates>purity_iii>custom code, and entering the code in the box labelled "Before Global"
    I pressed ‘save’ but didn’t press LESS to CSS (because I don’t know what that does)

Despite clearing cache on the browser and forcing page refresh, the favicon remains unchanged.

I would be very grateful for help

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly post your working site URL.

cherryred Friend

Thank you, I will post again when site is live.

Thank you for replying

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cherryred 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum