Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,

1 – I’ve been trying to change the Joomla favicon.ico on my obelisk template for days with no success, i read a lot on related questions on the forum and applied the proposed solutions but nothing, can you please help me with this?

2 – When the menu item is hovered there’S a blue underscore line, it’s the same color as for the modules header, it’s a different color depending on the template theme, how do i change that color?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Saguaros Moderator

1. You should go to template folder: /a/templates/ja_obelisk/, then change favicon.ico with your own file.

2. It’s border bottom of each menu item, you can open file: /a/templates/ja_obelisk/css/themes/christmas/template.css, look for this rule:

.t3-mainnav .navbar .nav>.active>a,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav>.active>a:hover,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav>.active>a:focus,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav>.active>.separator {
    background: none;
    color: #fff
    text-shadow: none;
    outline: none;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #04b4ff <<< change to your desired color here
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    -moz-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

diofou Friend

Hello,

1 – That’s what i did, but it keeps showing your joomla favicon.ico, check for yourself, it’s been there since my first post. the current favicon is my image so why is it still showing joomla?

2 – I changed the color to #924608 but nothing changed, i did it in the chrismax theme css and also put the changed code in the custum.css file but nothing, also i would like to know if i can change the modules title background to the same #924608 in the same place if not where?

thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

1. Do you have any cache extension or change favicon anywhere else? I tried to change in your site but it doesn’t work, here is link. However, I can change it easily in my local.

2. You can change it in CSS or LESS:

CSS
    Open file: /templates/ja_obelisk/css/themes/christmas/template.css, then change code suggested in my first reply (I checked and saw that the code was not modified in your site yet)

.t3-mainnav .navbar .nav > .active > a,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav > .active > a:hover,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav > .active > a:focus,
    .t3-mainnav .navbar .nav > .active > .separator {
    background: none;
    color: #fff
    text-shadow: none;
    outline: none;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #04b4ff
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    -moz-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

LESS
    Open the file: templatesja_obelisklessvariables.less

// Accent colors
    // -------------------------
    @blue: #0092d0
    @blueDark: darken @blue, 15%);
    @green: #9BB548
    @violet: #8080b6 // T3 added
    @red: #ff5243
    @yellow: #fc0
    @orange: #f80
    @Pink: #d60a6c
    @Purple: #8b08ae
    @grayish: #7a87a0

// T3 Main colors
    // -------------------------
    @T3primaryColor: @blue;
    @T3secondaryColor: #20990c

The border bottom is using T3primaryColor so you can change #0092d0 to the color you wish. Then go to backend > template manager > click to Compile LESS to CSS. You should BACKUP your site first because when compiling LESS to CSS, all current CSS files will be overwirtten.

diofou Friend

Hello,

2 – Works perfectly now, i have every color i want now, thanks.
    1 – Favicon is still a problem, i d’ont recall putting it somewhere else or having a special cache system, when i remove it, i get a blank document image but when i upload my image i get the joomla favicon image no matter how many times i clear the cache and cookies.
    thanks for your help.

Saguaros Moderator

Please try to switch default template to another standard template of Joomla, then change favicon icon for this template (replace its default icon with your own icon in /templates/<templatename>/ folder). This will help to indicate where the problem comes from.

diofou Friend

Hello,

Yes it works for the beez3 template, but when i go back to obelisk, it’s joomla favicon again.

Regards.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you PM me URL to access backend of your site?

diofou Friend

Hello,

I see that the problem has been solved. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Can you please tell me what the problem was?

Regards.

Saguaros Moderator

It might be due to the cache since I’ve not accessed backend of your site yet (the URL is incorrect)

diofou Friend

Hello, Actually, i dont know what happened but, my site dont seem to recognize my custom css anymore, for exemple, the header area should be all black, the research bar longer in width and the logo text should not be displayed because i set it to display none in the custom.css , i PMed you the link to the backend, thank for your help, this is kinda inconvenient because i can’t see the changed i’m doing.
    thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

As I said above, that URL is incorrect as it always directs to homepage.

diofou Friend

Hello, here’s the link to the admin site

http://diabarani.com/a/administrator/?diofou

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

Here is how your site looks at my end: http://prntscr.com/2l5wvw, seems that it still call CSS from custom.css file.

Please send me screenshot of how thing should be so that I can give suggestion.

diofou Friend

Yes, waht you have is what it is suppose to be, but i’m getting what’s in attachment.

1. Screen-Shot-2014-01-21-at-1.25.21-AM
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum