Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi. I have just installed XAMPP 2.5 and Joomla 1.5.3 on my pc (windows xp-pro). I am a beginner. My first attempt to load one of Joomlart templates (ja_corona_1.5_quickstart.zip) in Joomla via Extensions>Install/Uninstall>Upload Package file, I get the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:xampphtdocsjoomla15librariesjoomlafilesystemfile.php on line 298

I have searched the Joomla forum, and most of the posts are saying to change the max_execution_time to 120 in php.ini, which I have done, then restarted the Apache server, but I still have the same problem.

The joomla15librariesjoomlafilesystemfile.php on line 298 says:
    $ret = file_put_contents($file, $buffer);
    so I don’t know what to do with that.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone please help?

ndmiharu Friend

I normally change that value to 300.

missyw Friend

Thanks so much ndmiharu for such a speedy response. I tried changing the value to 300. I still get the same message:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:xampphtdocsjoomla15librariesjoomlafilesystemfile.php on line 298

Sometimes it just returns a blank screen. Any more ideas??

ndmiharu Friend

There are 3 php.ini files in XAMPP folder. So be sure that you changed all of them.

missyw Friend

Ooh 🙁 this has been difficult for me – perhaps because I’m such a newbie. Someone on the Joomla forum suggested that the zipped template file I was tried to upload into Joomla contained a Joomla installation. It is true! Now I am told I must uninstall and re-install Joomla!

My confusion started when I read the JA Corona Userguide which says:

Here is the installation instruction for JA Corona – Joomla! 1.5 version.
    If you are going to start a new site with Joomla! and JA Corona template, I recommended you install the QUICKSTART package of JA Corona.

I did not understand that this meant the QUICKSTART package includes a Joomla installation! 🙁

I must say it is quite confusing for a first time user to understand which template files need to be downloaded. Is there any instruction anywhere for this? Ffor example there are 5 options for Ja Corona: template and quickstart, stable 1.5 extensions, stable source files and 1.0 extensions. What does all this mean?? Can someone please explain?

azamkl Friend

OK guys. I’ve came across the same problem at first. Tried out the solutions given above by changing the execution time from 60 to 300 but no luck at all.

What happen actually, the above instruction is correct, but need a little bit of twist. Here, I’ll try to explain the correct way on editing the php.ini

What you need to do is, locate the php.ini files inside your installed directory of xampp.
    My installation directory looks like this–> C:xamppapachebin

Inside the bin folder, look for the correct php.ini and open it up in notepad.

Ctrl + F and search for max_execution.. when found, change the default value 60 to 300. When done, please make sure u click ‘Save As..” and save the file as php.ini and overwrite the old files.

When done, double check the bin folder again and make sure your save files doesn’t turn out to be save as php.ini.txt

Restart the xampp and you should be on your way. Cheers 😎

sfpkent Friend

<em>@azamkl 64942 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK guys. I’ve came across the same problem at first. Tried out the solutions given above by changing the execution time from 60 to 300 but no luck at all.

What happen actually, the above instruction is correct, but need a little bit of twist. Here, I’ll try to explain the correct way on editing the php.ini

What you need to do is, locate the php.ini files inside your installed directory of xampp.
    My installation directory looks like this–> C:xamppapachebin

Inside the bin folder, look for the correct php.ini and open it up in notepad.

Ctrl + F and search for max_execution.. when found, change the default value 60 to 300. When done, please make sure u click ‘Save As..” and save the file as php.ini and overwrite the old files.

When done, double check the bin folder again and make sure your save files doesn’t turn out to be save as php.ini.txt

Restart the xampp and you should be on your way. Cheers :cool:</blockquote>

Thanks! Work good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum