Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Hi,

It’s been a month since I opened this thread and I see no progress. Is anybody working on this?

Thanks in advance.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

We’re still working on it as mentioned in another thread.

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M ,

It’s been two months now and I don’t see any progress here. This is not the Joomlart I know! Are you guys planning on fixing the problem? I did some digging up in the code and what I found is that the problem resides where there is a call at a method that does not exist in Joomla 3. It’s where the category list is populated. Since you haven’t fixed that yet, could we PLEASE have a work around on this? An easy approach would be to discard this code and replace it with a text box that stores the categories’ IDs as they are saved in the database. ie: 10,11,15,21.

Thanks in advance.

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M ,

It’s been two months now and I don’t see any progress here. This is not the Joomlart I know! Are you guys planning on fixing the problem? I did some digging up in the code and what I found is that the problem resides where there is a call at a method that does not exist in Joomla 3. It’s where the category list is populated. Since you haven’t fixed that yet, could we PLEASE have a work around on this? An easy approach would be to discard this code and replace it with a text box that stores the categories’ IDs as they are saved in the database. ie: 10,11,15,21.

Thanks in advance.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please download 2 attachments :

1. Replace file root_folder/templates/ja_hawkstore/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php with the new one.

2. Replace module root_folder/modules/mod_javmproducts with the new one

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please download 2 attachments :

1. Replace file root_folder/templates/ja_hawkstore/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php with the new one.

2. Replace module root_folder/modules/mod_javmproducts with the new one

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M ,

Thanks for your reply. I had made several changes on the file: templates/ja_hawkstore/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php because, if you remember, I had several problems with data that where not displayed. I do not want to break the current functionality. Could you please let me know about the changes implemented in this file, in order to adapt them in my current file?
    Thanks in advance.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

In this case, please follow my instruction below :

1. Open file root_folder/templates/ja_hawkstore/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and look for this code :

if (empty($this->product)) {
    echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND');
    echo '<br /><br /> ' . $this->continue_link_html;
    return;
    }

update as below :

echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND');
    return;
    }

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('askrecomjs',array('product'=>$this->product));

2. Next, look for this code :

echo $this->loadTemplate('showprices');

and update as below :

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('prices',array('product'=>$this->product,'currency'=>$this->currency));

3. Also look for this code :

echo $this->loadTemplate('addtocart');

update as below :

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$this->product));

4. Last point, look for this block :

<?php
    // Ask a question about this product
    if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 1) == 1) {
    ?>
    <div class="ask-a-question">
    <a class="ask-a-question" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
    <!--<a class="ask-a-question modal" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 700, y: 550}}" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>-->
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

then update as below :

<?php
    if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 0) == 1) {
    $askquestion_url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=askquestion&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component', FALSE);
    ?>
    <a class="ask-a-question" href="<?php echo $askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow" ><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

In this case, please follow my instruction below :

1. Open file root_folder/templates/ja_hawkstore/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and look for this code :

echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND');
    return;
    }

update as below :

echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND');
    return;
    }

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('askrecomjs',array('product'=>$this->product));

2. Next, look for this code :

echo $this->loadTemplate('showprices');

and update as below :

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('prices',array('product'=>$this->product,'currency'=>$this->currency));

3. Also look for this code :

echo $this->loadTemplate('addtocart');

update as below :

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$this->product));

4. Last point, look for this block :

<?php
    if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 1) == 1) {
    ?>
    <a class="ask-a-question" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
    <!--<a class="ask-a-question modal" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 700, y: 550}}" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>-->
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

then update as below :

<?php
    if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 0) == 1) {
    $askquestion_url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=askquestion&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component', FALSE);
    ?>
    <a class="ask-a-question" href="<?php echo $askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow" ><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M,

I applied the changes and it works. Problem resolved. I haven’t tested the entire site yet, but the module works in back end and front end.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M ,

Possible problem (with hot product): When I configure the settings to display more than one products at hot product, it does not show anything. It works fine when only one is selected.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

Could you please re-enable temporary admin account so I can check this problem for you ? The account you provided before didn’t work anymore.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9,

Could you please re-enable temporary admin account so I can check this problem for you ? The account you provided before didn’t work anymore.

7of9 Friend

Hi @adam M ,

I just confirmed that the admin account is still enabled. Never turned off line actually.
    I am going to resend the credentials via PM, just in case you lost them.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @7of9

Please open file root_folder/templates/ja_hawkstore/css/custom.css (if you don’t have this file, just create a new one) then add this code :

.t3-megamenu .bx-wrapper {
    max-width: none !important;
    }
    .t3-megamenu .bx-viewport {
    height: auto !important;
    }
    .t3-megamenu .slide.floatleft {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  7of9 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum