Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

No idea. what has happened. Front end of Site was up this morning, but I was getting a 404 error when I went to Joomla Admin page. I recopied the admin folder to the site and got to login page. I was able to login to Joomla Admin console and navigate to certain sections (like Global Settings, Modules). However, am getting a "Fatal error: Class ‘FieldsHelper’ not found in /home/dbizzle/public_html/plugins/system/fields/fields.php on line 214" when I try and get to Articles.

The Front end of the Site was then displaying "Fatal error: Class ‘FieldsHelper’ not found in /home/dbizzle/public_html/plugins/system/fields/fields.php on line 371"

I have restored site files from known good backup and the behavior has not changed.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As the error message indicates that error comes from core files of Joomla, you should post the same question into Joomla Forum as this issue doesn’t come from template.

Regards

dbc011 Friend

Is there a way for you to move it as a Mod? It has been 24hrs to receive that response and our site is down.

Saguaros Moderator

Kindly check my above reply, did you receive the notification?

dbc011 Friend

Are you suggesting I post it in the Public General Questions Forum? If not, please tell me where to re-post it to be get a response.

Saguaros Moderator

I meant Joomla Forum: https://forum.joomla.org/

dbc011 Friend

I am posting it now. I understand that you are saying it is not template issue, however, is there no suggestions from any staff here on what to do? We have been a customer for 3 years and always had good experience when we had issues.
    I waited 23hrs and 50min to get your response to post it to another board. Our site has now been down for almost 2 days. Any help would be much appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you tell more about the situation here? what you did on your site (upgrade Joomla version?) then this issue happen?

dbc011 Friend

Site was moved from one hosting plan to another. Everything was checked after the move and everything worked.

2 days ago, I checked the front end of the site and all was working. I attempted to log onto Joomla back end and got a 404 error when attempting to access the Admin console. I called the hosting provider and had them check and they saw the same thing. Suggestion was to re-upload the admin folder, which I did. I could then access the Joomla Admin console, however the front end began displaying the error message noted in this thread.

I re-uploaded the entire site files from last good backup, but the error is still occurring.

dbc011 Friend

com_fields folder was missing for some reason. Re-uploaded and site is back up.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Maybe the issue comes when you upload entire folder like that. That kind of 404 might come from the wrong redirection or permission. Did you have any backup before moving the website?

At this moment, it relates to core Joomla, I’m afraid that you need to ask in Joomla forum for best solution.

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum