Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

The good news is that the Alpha of Coppermine 1.5 will be released very shortly. A guy call Mehndi has already made a Joomla bridge for it with full visual integration and early tests show it works perfectly.

It is good to see 93yr olds still wanting to learn new stuff. It gives hope to us all that we may not be vegetables byt that age:D

scotty Friend

There are no bad Fantasticos – only bad hosts.

If your host does not run fantastico right then do not expect apache, php, email, or anything else to be run right.

I would recommend that you stay well clear of any host that in any way modifies Joomla before installing it.

debbie2009 Friend

Good thread, fantastico is offered by my hosting company, but I have opted to stay away.

scotty Friend

debbie2009;137734Good thread, fantastico is offered by my hosting company, but I have opted to stay away.

I think new members here should have at least 10 posts before being allowed links in their sig.

Phill Moderator

I would say they should have 10 thanks first. Tight I know but…

scotty Friend

Can Joomlart please consider disallowing new (unlicensed) users from being allowed post links in posts or in their signatures. It’s a waste of time looking at new posts in threads when it’s just bullshit like the post above.

In phpbb there is an option to not allow links until a user has X amount of posts. I’m sure VB is the same?

bennitos Friend

So freaking annoying, see new users doing this every single day now.

Not much use in keeping reporting them to staff.

Shouldn’t be too hard to restrict the things unlicensed members can do.

Phill Moderator

What a complete croc of shite.

This thread seems to have attraced quite a few of these “posters”.

hanifahmed Friend

Why not just ban unregistered users from entering the forums altogether (with possible exception to JA Purity and Pre-sales questions!)

ergohost Friend

Sigh, are these areas not locked down? Never really paid attention.

Those of us that paid good money are supposed to look to these forums for official support, discussion and ideas. A very minimal part of the forum should allow public posting rights.

As for links in signatures, many forums much smaller than this have just had to turn html etc in sigs off completely, or just turn off sigs. Its not much use if the dilligent admins here fight a daily battle keeping the content clean if it can be subverted with rubbish in the sig.

Just turn sigs off, I wouldnt miss them, theyre not why I use forums, they just waste space and seem pointless to me generally, if I ever put anything in them its usually a famous or ironic quoute. Either that or put some mod in to limit sigs to 1 per each users posts per page and kill the rest.

Either that or some other control measure strong enough to deter seagull posters.

mj1256 Friend

the specific template forums are locked down, but this is a public forum, presumably where new customers can ask questions before they buy

dheeraj4uuu Friend

Should encourage new users ..so that many people could sign up for Pro- memberships.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  dheeraj4uuu 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum