Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anyone know how to disable the Facebook social (comment) box from showing up on every single article?

There is no mention of any plugin at all in the plugin manager, apparently this is built into JA Wall.

I like having the comment box for facebook, but I have absolutely no control over it. I do not want it on specific pages, yet I cant seem to get rid of it.

Also, it would be nice if it would work on the pop up preview, but it does not work there at all.

prakash Friend

the facebook comments section can be found at the bottom of
    ja_wall/html/com_content/article/default.php

you will need to update it/ remove it as per your requirement

glenng Friend

After wrote a comment (and select Post to Facebook) via Facebook social (comment) plugin, link appears like http://www.facebook.com/index.php/glenn

Instead of web site link facebook link appears on facebook. Any suggestion about this?

prakash Friend

could you be specific as to what is needed? you could modify the above file to remove the facebook comment or change it as per your requirement

glenng Friend

I sent you the link. So you can try and see the problem. Thanks in advance!

prakash Friend

sorry did not receive the link > could you please resend

glenng Friend

For example you can try to leave a comment -via facebook plugin- from this link: http://reflectionsonabkhazia.net/index.php/ronald-g-suny

and see the link which will be appear on your facebook wall.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi glenng,

I think there is a problem with the code of facebook comments. When i view code of your site, input value is :
    [PHP]
    <input type=”hidden” value=”http://www.facebook.com/index.php/ronald-g-suny” name=”url” autocomplete=”off”>
    [/PHP]
    It’s wrong. I need ftp account to check again. Please send pm to me.

glenng Friend

I sent you pm.

This is the code within default.php

<div class=”fb-comments” data-href=”<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>” data-num-posts=”2″ data-width=”576″></div>

I can try to edit if you tell me how…

glenng Friend

and could you please remove test comments.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

Please check pm.

<em>@glenng 334879 wrote:</em><blockquote>I sent you pm.

This is the code within default.php

<div class=”fb-comments” data-href=”<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>” data-num-posts=”2″ data-width=”576″></div>

I can try to edit if you tell me how…</blockquote>

With code, please try change :
    [PHP]
    data-href=”<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>”
    [/PHP]

to

[PHP]
    data-href=”<?php echo JURI::base().$this->item->readmore_link; ?>”
    [/PHP]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum