Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

This is a new one…

While turning of module positions for the home page my primary admin options disappear – see attached – disappearingadmin.jpg. Then is I try to log-in again I get nothing – see attached – disappearingadmin_2.jpg. This happens before I’ve done any customization to any file – other than loading a joomlart template. I’ve dropped the database and done a clean install twice and this keeps happening.

It has happened at exactly the same point twice…While trying to open the Gallery highslide module to make adjustments.

Any ideas

1. disappearingadmin
    2. disappearingadmin_2
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Kobyan,

I tried to login to your admin, but it seems you are in installation mode. Please let us know once you finish your installation. I shall give it a try then.

regards

arvind

kobryan Friend

I thought 3rd time might ba charm – but no. I am still having the problem. All my options for managing the backend disappear as soon as I try to modify the module sitting in the “right” position titled Gallery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Yup, the menu’s are gone for sure. I would have tried more but i dont have access to database,so there is little i can do. But here are some resources >> similar problems >> may be these help :

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&p=1309505
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=319397&f=304
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=413039

Please update us.

regards

arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

It seems to be working now. Have a look.

I tried to unpublish and republish admin menu and sub menu modules.

regards

arvind

kobryan Friend

<em>@drarvindc 134551 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems to be working now. Have a look.

I tried to unpublish and republish admin menu and sub menu modules.

regards

arvind</blockquote>
    Hi thank you for the quick response. It doea appear to be working. Where did you publish and unpublsh menu and sub-menu modules. I wasn’t able to access any of the admin tools?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

i used this url to check your admin modules /administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&client=1

but i am not sure, why they vanished at first place.

regards

arvind

kobryan Friend

<em>@kobryan 134553 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi thank you for the quick response. It doea appear to be working. Where did you publish and unpublsh menu and sub-menu modules. I wasn’t able to access any of the admin tools?</blockquote>
    Me again – as soon as I tried to edit the mod_highslide module through module manager. The same thing happened again. No navigation – this is extremely odd.

kobryan Friend

<em>@kobryan 134556 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me again – as soon as I tried to edit the mod_highslide module through module manager. The same thing happened again. No navigation – this is extremely odd.</blockquote>
    I’m going to drop the database agina na reinstall quickstart. This time disabling the ftp layer. May that is causing the conflict? I’ll re post if that solves the problem.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Yup, They are gone again. No luck this time. And it seems you deleted the site too?

Sorry, not much of help.

regards

arvind

kobryan Friend

<em>@kobryan 134559 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m going to drop the database agina na reinstall quickstart. This time disabling the ftp layer. May that is causing the conflict? I’ll re post if that solves the problem.</blockquote>
    That did not solve the problem as soon as I try to modify the highslide module in the right position – tiled Gallery. The admin nav disappears.

kobryan Friend

Hi all,

I’ve dropped the db several more times and done clean quickstart installs, with ftp layer turned on and off. However every time I go to to the mod_highslide module in position right and try to make and change it disable all my navigation for the admin panel. I appear to be able to modify, enable, disable everything else without causing the “break”…

I really need someone to look at this and perhaps replicate the problem. I have a new reinstall load to the site. I mad some modifications – but DID NOT try to modify the mod_highslide. Maybe a Joomlarts moderator or support staff could try and see if it make the admin menu options disappear. I’m trying to move the module to user 7. Not that I’ve ever made it that far as soon as I try to open the mod_highslide named “gallery” in position right. All menu and navigation disappear.

Someone please help!!!! This makes no sense.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kobryan 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum