Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am extremely disappointed with Joomlart technical help.

I got a membership 3 months ago to build a website for a Turkish company. I installed the Joomlart Portfolio template and soon found out that the template would not accept Turkish Characters.

I have asked for help in the forums with no good outcome. I submitted a ticket and was told in the end to hire a Joomla freelancer to solve the issue. (Yes I changed collation of database to unicode)

For the last weeks I have been trying to fix this myself and I just could not do it. I can not understand why you would even offer a right to left writing option for eastern languages like Arabic if you can’t even have foreign characters in the template.

For the last 3 years, I have, every year, depended on Joomlart for my templates. Now I could not even got paid for this website because the company will not pay me if it is not translated to Turkish. Joomlart also ended my registration because my 3 months is over. I guess it pays not to get good technical support because now I need to renew my membership to download files or get help. I will not renew anymore if this problem is not fixed promptly.

THESE TEMPLATES SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH FOREIGN LANGUAGES FROM THE START.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Metamar,

I checked your site and could see that you have not installed Turkish language.

Pls refer to http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=284156 for your info.

Your site is running on Joomla 1.5, you should use Joomfish to create multiple languages site!

Regards,

metamar Friend

<em>@HeR0 342154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Metamar,

I checked your site and could see that you have not installed Turkish language.

Pls refer to http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=284156 for your info.

Your site is running on Joomla 1.5, you should use Joomfish to create multiple languages site!

Regards,</blockquote>

Check again, when I add Turkish language there is still same problem.

HeR0 Friend

Hi,
    Where is switch language module?

Regards,

metamar Friend

What is that?

metamar Friend

I converted my whole database tables to Unicode (they were swedish)
    But I find it strange that in the back end of my website it tells my my database collation is Swedish. How does one change the overall collation? is that important?

One more thing. A couple of years ago I had same problem and someone helped me fixed it. I think we converted some php or css or html files into compatible format (they werent utf8 I believe) I dont remember what do and lost contact with this friend. Maybe this can be a hint to anyone who wants to help.

metamar Friend

Instead of trying to fix my website, best way to look at the problem is to see what a member has to do to install a Joomlart template that is compatible with foreign languages. It is insane for us to try to fix these things. The template should be compatible from the start. The simple fact that the database is in swedish collation is hard to understand for me. If creator would have chosen unicode from the start it would save a lot of problems for members.

metamar Friend

By the way I dont need Joomfish because I dont want a multilanguage website. I just want this one in Turkish, I use another joomlart installation for another language. Thank you.

metamar Friend

I’ve been doing some tests. Here are my results:

When I install normal Joomla my database collation is utf8_general_ci

When I install the Joomlart portfolio template (even Turkish installation) the database is latin1_swedish_ci

When I install Joomlart portfolio quickstart WITHOUT the default content (database empty) collation is still latin1_swedish_ci

Does this mean Joomlart’s quickstart problem is in the PACKAGING that uses database as Swedish instead of Unicode?

Now that I know that the problem is there, how do I get around this?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Metamar,

I don’t think so. For safer, you should create database and set collation as UTF-8 before installation.

Regards,

metamar Friend

I have fixed this issue myself. No thanks to Joomlart which could have easily helped me if they put the time on it.
    The problem was due to Joomlart.I will not even say what the fix was.
    I’d like THEM to have to figure it out or loose more customers because it is a problem that will continue to plague every template, making them incompatible with foreign languages.
    I had to hire someone to fix it for me.

isabel2012 Friend

“Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.”:laugh:

isabel2012 Friend

<em>@metamar 343518 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is that?</blockquote>

“Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.”:laugh:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  isabel2012 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum