Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dear All,

I am using the magz II temp for a news website. For now it works fine, but i have 1 question to finalize the template. I would like to add an extra module on the header of the website. This to place a radio player .
    What is the best option to do? how can aadd this extra space and avoid any issue
    On the picture i add a red block to show the space where to add.

1. loz-site
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case, you have to create one more new module position in the header.
    Just before the head social positon.
    Open /tpls/blocks/header.php file
    Find

if ($headright = $this->countModules('head-search or languageswitcherload')) 

replace it with

if ($headright = $this->countModules('head-search or languageswitcherload or newlogo')) 

now add below code after the head social module position

<?php if ($this->countModules('head-logonew')) : ?>
                        <!-- HEAD SOCIAL -->
                            <div class="head-social <?php $this->_c('logonew') ?>">
                                <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('logonew') ?>" style="raw" />
                            </div>
                            <!-- //HEAD SOCIAL -->
                        <?php endif ?>

Here http://prntscr.com/fe1v7o

newlogo is module position. define it in the templatedetails.xml file.

Hope it helps.

jan van de beek Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can share the module id you published on this position and a temp super user login via Private reply.
    I will check it.

jan van de beek Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I fixed it on your site. Kindly check it now.
    Please take backup of header.php file in the local folder to avoid the template update overrides.

Regards

jan van de beek Friend

Hi Pankaj

Thanks agian for this solution.. It works fine for desktop.
    On iphone, tablet and other small devices we are facing some issues.
    Is there any suggestion how i can solve this?

1. LOZ
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I suggest you to hide the module position or the module using hidden-xs module suffix,
    because the small devices do not have enough space to fit all the module in this space.

Regards

jan van de beek Friend

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply. I Understand your suggestion. I have tried to switch-off the new module (small / extra small) as well to swich off some other positions for the large and medium responsive temp but without succes. The template is not saving the changed layout.

For now i use the hidden-xs module suffix but i would like to add the player option for small/extra small devices on a other position

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am afraid in header tge 3rd party extension does not fit in small screen size. You can choose any other positions to show this module on your site. And use hidden-lg module suffix to hide it in PC.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum