Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I was reading through the documentation about extra fields, both for the Uber template and the T3 Framework, and I followed the guides, creating the files as explained, but the extra fields are not shown in the administration area. It’s as if this simply doesn’t work…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <form>
      <fields name="params">
        <fieldset name="custom-field" label="JA Extra Fields" description="">
          <field name="module-intro" type="textarea" default="" label="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_INTRO_LABEL" description="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_INTRO_DESC" filter="RAW" />
        </fieldset>
        <fieldset name="id-options" label="TPL_CUSTOM_ID_TAG_PAGE_TITLE" description="TPL_CUSTOM_ID_TAG_PAGE_DESC">
          <field name="custom-id-tag" type="text" default="" label="TPL_CUSTOM_ID_TAG_TITLE_LABEL" description="TPL_CUSTOM_ID_TAG_TITLE_DESC" />
        </fieldset>
      </fields>
    </form>

In the above example, I want to add an extra field for the custom html module, which will then be added as an id tag. When I edit any custom html module, this extra field is not displayed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jorge Gama Friend

Some more follow-up information.

I tried to replicate this issue and I was successful. Steps taken were as follows:

1. Install quickstart package. (Extra fields present)
    2. Updated components, modules and T3 framework via JA Extension Manager. (Extra fields present)
    3. Upgraded to Joomla! 3.5. (Extra fields present)
    4. Installed sample restaurant demo via installer. (Extra fields no longer present)

Is this a bug? Can someone verify, please?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Did you install the Sample Restaurant style via JoomlArt Installer?

If yes, it will override the current database on your site completely.

You should intall sample demo for Uber Restaurant style first and then add the extra fields as you wish.

Jorge Gama Friend

Thank you for your reply.

I initially thought that that was the case so I did a test run, as explained in my second post. I did no alterations to any of the files. It was a clean install.

I then did another test run, but this time I installed the Uber Home style and everything worked as it should. I then retested, again with a clean install, and installed the Landing Page style and all was good. After that, I did a new install and installed the Restaurant Style, as explained in the second post, but the same issue happened. The extra fields were no longer available.

There seems to be a bug in the Restaurant style installer.

Saguaros Moderator

Let me check further with the team and will get back to you shortly.

Saguaros Moderator

I check again with the Uber Restaurant style and it’s confirmed that the JA ExtraFields tab doesn’t show. I’ve reported to the team for further checking on this. You can track its progress here

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

The hot fix for this is that you can access Backend of your site > Extensions > Templates > set ‘uber – [Restaurant] Default’ as default template style: http://prntscr.com/apl3gz

You can see the JA Extra Fields tab then.

Jorge Gama Friend

Ok, thank you for the reply.

Just out of curiosity, why does this happen?

Saguaros Moderator

The extra fields implemented in override layout of that template style so when it’s not default template, it will not load these extra fields.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum