Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Every time I log into my Admin backend I now see this message at the top "Extension Update(s) are available". If I click "View Updates" it shows the details as Name -> "JA ACM Module" and URL Details -> "http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j16/mod_ja_acm.xml"

If I try to update through there it does not work, so I go to the Joomart Extension manager and try through there, but it says it is up to date so no updates are available. What is the deal? Does it need to update or not? If not, how do I get this to go away? Or even better, how do I get it to be correct and accurate?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

All JA Extension are only updated via JA Extension manager component . Because the extension are Paid and need a valid plan they can not be updated via Joomla extension manager as the extension are not free or public .
    Please use JA extension manager to update Joomlart template and extensions .
    If your extension are already updated , please ignore the message from Joomla updater

jingato Friend

If your extension are already updated , please ignore the message from Joomla updater

I’m sorry, but that is not a valid answer. If I am already updating, which I am, then this should not be coming up at all. Clearly something is going wrong that should not be. It could be something on your extension update server. I am aware that the components need to be updated through your extension manager, but just saying "ignore it" is not ok. This is a common trend I’m starting to see from you guys where you attempt to offer work arounds. hacks, or just ignore problems rather than fixing them.If it’s something you’re woking on simply say that it is a known issue and when an expected fix will be. If it’s not a known issue, then log it in as a bug and let the customer know it’s been tracked and will be looked at. I know that this particular issue does not break anything, but it is annoying and also leads to confusion. What is there really is an update? How do I know when to stop "ignoring it"? Unacceptable.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear Sir
    the update is shown from the Joomla updater not from the JA extension manager . If an extension is up to date and Joomla updater still showing update available , it related to Joomla updater not to the JA extension manager . I also tested on issue on fresh package there is issue like it ,It might be due to Joomla cache.
    Our Extension are updated via JA Extension manager component because they are not public and it needs a valid membership to use Premium JA stuff . If you still have confusion on this , you can contact me via Skype for more information on it .

jingato Friend

See, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Just pass the buck. Not only that, but you go and mark the post as answered when it clearly is not! I’m not sure of you are a developer or just handle the forum support. But either way, you are not doing a very good job. If you are not a developer, you should be passing it to a developer to decide whether or not it is a a bug with your code. If you ARE a developer then you need to take a little more time to think about the actual issue. As a software engineer, you should be able to look at the issue and come to the same conclusion I did, that it is NOT a Joomla issue, but in fact an issue with your extension manager. If it was an issue with Joomla, it would be happening with all extensions, not just yours. That one fact alone tells me that it is your bug. Now, to the issue.

I am well aware of the fact that the update display is coming from Joomla’s extension manager and I am also well aware that your extensions get updated through your manager. That right there is where the problem is. Since you clearly have no desire to actually fix bugs in your own software, I went ahead debugged it to find out what the problem myself, (you’re welcome). It wasn’t too hard to figure out either. The issue stems from the fact that you are using your own extension manager, and something is not getting updated properly! Maybe this is a recent change to the the core of Joomla, idk, but either way, your extension manager should be adhering to the way Joomla works.

The reason Joomla thinks there is a new version is because it is marked as version 2.0.8 in the database, but your server is returning back version 2.0.9, which is the latest version. Keep in mind I do have version 2.0.9 installed and when I look at it in your extension manager, it does in fact say 2.0.9. Now, when Joomla checks if any extensions need to be updated, it does so by checking the value of "version" in the "manifest_cache" field column of the components entry in the _extensions table. When I update an extension through your extension manager it does NOT update this field. That is the bug. that is YOUR bug. Please fix it.

Now, as a software engineer, I understand all software will have bugs. But how you handle resolving them makes all the difference in the world in regards to the quality of your code that you produce. Just saying, "oh, it’s not our bug, ignore it" is NOT ok. It is not what is expected from a developer, especially when you are paying them. I would appreciate it if you would pass this up to your manager, though I highly doubt that will happen, because the system you have in place for handling these issues needs to be looked at.

On a final note, It took be just over an hour to find your bug. That’s an hour of work I should not of had to incur if you would have done your job as a developer and taking responsibility for the issue. That’s about $100 worth f my time. Normally I would request a free extension of some sort for taking the time to find the bugs in your code. However, after looking through you codebase I don’t think I want your extensions running as part of my system or on my server at all. My only regret is that it is past the 7 day grace period to get a refund.I would advise any future customers (assuming this does not get deleted) to consider the quality of code they are receiving before the 7 days are up.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Dear Sir Apology for the inconvenience . could u update your first post and update your site super user admin details and FTP details in it . For the issue : if its from out product we definitely solve it , there is nothing to worry about it. this thread is still opened and i am working on it , as i checked i tried to replicate problem in fresh package and its not found so its can not be said as bug in product Also core Joomla extension updater work for default Joomla and free extensions(Those not needed any membership/account) only .

jingato Friend

I updated the database so it will no longer give me the message. It is pretty easy to reproduce. Just install the Mono Template using the quick start.

I investigated further and it looks like it might not be your extension manager that is putting in the faulty data but rather the quick start itself. It looks like the quickstart package comes with version 2.0.9 of the JA_ACM, but in the sql it installs it puts in 2.0.8 in the _extensions table. So it looks like it is just faulty data in your quick start. Just update the data in the joomla.sql file as it had incorrect data which leads to this error.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Thanks for you the report , I will pass your strong feedback to concern team .
    Thanks Again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum