Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This template is EXACTLY what I need at the right time – ESPECIALLY with the K2 features.

Not having yet had any experience with K2, I’m wondering if any of you might help me with a question . . .

Can I establish a “User Blog” for specific individuals, or does anyone who registers on the site have the ability to have their own “user blog?”

TomC Moderator

Follow up question . . . .

The template description says “K2 Component Support.” Does this mean that I need to install K2 separately, or is the K2 component (which is free, right?) included within the quickstart package?

Phill Moderator

It is included in the quickstarts for the J1.5 versions of the templates.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 237540 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is included in the quickstarts for the J1.5 versions of the templates.</blockquote>

PERFECT – Thanks Phil !!!

😀

Can I establish a “User Blog” for specific individuals, or does anyone who registers on the site have the ability to have their own “user blog?”

mightyjoomla Friend

I tried installing quick start package…unable to do so. Getting some XML error.

Can this issue be fixed please….

Phill Moderator

Can you tell us exactly what the error you are getting is?

mightyjoomla Friend

I was getting following error – “Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.”…

I found the solution… looks like some of my firefox addons was causing this problem…so i installed quick start package using Safari browser and installation went well without any issues.

Thank You

TomC Moderator

Hey mightyjoomla . . . . I really appreciate you hijacking my thread with a completely unrelated issue – especially when you went and started YOUR OWN thread with the EXACT SAME QUESTION – and yet, I haven’t yet received a response to MY question.

>:(

Phill Moderator

TOM,

I never use K2 so I cannot answer your question. Best ask on the K2 forums.

As for your comment to the above user they are new to JA so please don’t be too harsh on them.

VisiGod Friend

You can have it either. It is basically a setting in the K2 User Groups.
    <em>@tcraw1010 237526 wrote:</em><blockquote>This template is EXACTLY what I need at the right time – ESPECIALLY with the K2 features.

Not having yet had any experience with K2, I’m wondering if any of you might help me with a question . . .

Can I establish a “User Blog” for specific individuals, or does anyone who registers on the site have the ability to have their own “user blog?”</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 237867 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can have it either. It is basically a setting in the K2 User Groups.</blockquote>

Thank you for that.

I’m going to install today and check it out. This particular feature seems like just the thing I’ve been looking for for a kind of “Ask An Expert” feature – where there are a handful of selected contributors who can both post articles/entries and answer user questions. (I’m sure this could have been done with Community Builder, but configuration of CB always seemed so tedious to me. K2 appears a bit less daunting – though I suppose I’ll find out for myself when I give it a try).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum