Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hadn’t seen any posts in the past few days so I thought I’d ask to see when we might get to see the demo.

Very excited to see this template 🙂 Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Dear thatcomputerdude,

The Ja Methys Template can be released in today or tomorrow morning,we are also Very excited to see it in the demo 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@dathq 227057 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear thatcomputerdude,

The Ja Methys Template can be released in today or tomorrow morning,we are also Very excited to see it in the demo :)</blockquote>

Not to be a nag … but “today or tomorrow morning” from when you wrote your post has come and gone … no demo.

:((

Sherlock Friend

Dear tcraw1010,

I am terrible sorry for this confusion, I have thought that the Ja Methys for joomla 1.5 can be released separately,if that it has been released soon but now I was told that the Ja Methys 1.5 and 1.6 will come together and thus they will be released a litle bit of later,maybe the release will come at this weekend.

Once again Sorry for this and thanks you all for your patience.

thatcomputerdude Friend

Now that’s a sexy template! Thanks JA

clampert Friend

Very nice, guys!!…

tfosnom Friend

<em>@clampert 227919 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very nice, guys!!…</blockquote>

Maybe its the white background or the Huge text headers, but can’t help think this is a JA Lead/Lime look?
    and as I think I read K2 doesn’t work with J1.6, it will be interesting to see the J.1.6 versions look & feel.

While I know ” A template is just a starting point” . . . .A question for discussion might be with so many Joomla template clubs producing so many template designs, are we starting to see club designers running out of layouts and colour schemes without some kind of rehashing(intentional or not) creeping into releases.

Not saying this template isn’t ok, functional and certainly latest framework etc, I’m more a visually motivated person and just see so many similarites between different clubs and templates happening.

Shane

thatcomputerdude Friend

<em>@tfosnom 228414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe its the white background or the Huge text headers, but can’t help think this is a JA Lead/Lime look?
    and as I think I read K2 doesn’t work with J1.6, it will be interesting to see the J.1.6 versions look & feel.

While I know ” A template is just a starting point” . . . .A question for discussion might be with so many Joomla template clubs producing so many template designs, are we starting to see club designers running out of layouts and colour schemes without some kind of rehashing(intentional or not) creeping into releases.

Not saying this template isn’t ok, functional and certainly latest framework etc, I’m more a visually motivated person and just see so many similarites between different clubs and templates happening.

Shane</blockquote>

I think in a way you kind of answered your own question with the “A template is just a starting point”.

Now this is just my point of view and it’s not intended to push it upon anyone else, just the way I see things…. A template club develops tools for web developers to use as a starting point, foundation to customize saving us time and client money. I know some people like to use these templates as a finished product but 9/10 they use it in a way that doesn’t look good or really work as it should.

I think if you are looking for something unique, then it’s up to you to take the template as a starting point or a foundation and put that unique touch to it. Now I know some people are going to say – well I don’t have those talents or that’s why I joined a template club. My response to that is, then you joined for the wrong reasons, are in the wrong industry or should hire someone that does have those talents.

Again, that’s just my take on it and not meant to offend or tell them that’s how they should think, just a perspective for this industry that I absolutely love.

clampert Friend

@shane: I agree, it is reminescent of JA Lime, which I can’t really complain about, since that’s a template over one year old, which wasn’t even on T3 v.2 . And I’m not terribly fond about the huge menu/headers text either. But font is one of the easiest things to customize, right? What I like about it is its minimalist design, which is in my opinion the best way to showcase quality content. Too many bells and whisles, graphics and color gradients can look pretty by themselves, but can distract from the actual content when you really have something to say. It all depends on the focus of your your websites and the audience, and not all things are suitable to all people.

As computerdude pointed out and you seem to recognize as well, it is completely up to you to take that “starting point template” to the next level through your own customization. No matter how unique a template is when it’s first released, if hundreds/thousands developers get excited about it and start using, it will soon lose its uniqueness. We don’t have exclusivity over it even if we are club members, there are thousands others like us.

I don’t know how realistic it is to expect a completely new template concept each time. Most of the time there will most probably be some kind of overlap, whether with older templates or with designs from other template developers. I for one, know I’m going to put this one to good use.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Templates for J 1.6 comes with added style for com_content (joomla default) to compensate for the K2 style loss. We would update the same style for K2 whenever it comes out for J 1.6…. but we are trying to provide the same style for J 1.6 through com_content styling… this has been documented in the J 1.6 userguides, page classes and stuff…

I am happy about JA methys as inspite of being based upon JM and JD Methys, it was recieved well and rather asked for by members. JA Business was a tough template to develop but in the end few members wished for light color theme too for it. So for some its good and for some its a waste. Getting the right balance is tricky.

Like for JA Social we tried and styled Agora forum…. it was tough call to make… it looked good finally but members use kunena more and they wished for kunena support.

Now we have a pretty good ecommerce template completed but with tienda support for the past few months, what happens if we release it? For tienda users its a bonus as it would be the best tienda theme so far. But other would demand style for Virtuemart and since tienda wont be available for J 1.6 there would not be J 1.6 version so would be the case with Virtuemart, especially when Virtuemart is undergoing a slow but major version release.

Its a very thin line to get everything correct with each template, cant please everyone but having a universal template acceptable to all is what we strive for.

Regards

Arvind

tfosnom Friend

I agree with you both about individualism and the ability to customise as both an option and a right. Perhaps it’s my “I’m a careful, slow learner/hoppyist” approach as compared to a full bottle company whose sole purpose/income is web development.

I joined as just that, a hoppyist who wants to learn and grow as Joomla matures through new incarnations, however I don’t want to overdo any customisation to the point where the base template is gaudy with too many fonts, or unbalanced due to customised boxes, facebook and twitter item displays or rss feeds all over due to inability or lack of product (joomla) understanding

For me, it’s quite a challenge to customise and obtain that site uniqueness but still maintain a good artistic or minimalist balance whatever way I style it. Being an extreme visual person and having a real need for balance. (I’m the type that freaks at a wall hanging or picture not being level (horizontally) LOL.

I guess one of the main reasons I enjoy most of the templates is JA usually get a decent artistic presence, irrespective of the style of the template being graphically inclined or minimalist, something that I struggle with initially. I find it really hard to visualise a concept as a finished product, that is, take a cad drawing and see the finished house or complex building finished.

JA templates give me that big head start and a lot of fun & sometimes frustration. I will never be or aspire to be the high end developer that is computerdude or the professional that Christine is.

Perhaps I am quite representitive of the average “web hacker” person that has knowledge of how to use photoshop or fireworks to redesign graphics, banners etc ftp programs and some db skills, but not crash hot at actual web customisation.

Anyway that’s where I’m at with JA templates and why I use them.
    Cheers Shane

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum