Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am a little disappointed because I spent already more than a week trying to migrate my page from Teline II to III. The problem is that I was thinking in installing a whole new joomla installation. So, I installed it in a new folder with this new template Ja Teline III Quickstart, I installed the sample but when I did the import of articles and sections from the Teline II site (with an extension named Export Content – http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/4054/details). After that I copied the folder IMAGES from the old site to the new one and I got this problem: various articles from JA NEWS have the same thumbnails.

Frontpage thumbnails error
    Hi

The problem is that on the frontpage I get crazy thumbnails and in section I see the same.

Section View thumbnails error

Then I look to an article in section view and I see the article with the correct image like here

and when I open the article I get it with another image that repeats constantly:

open an article and the image is a thumbnail from other image from the site.

All this happens with this settings on:
    In GLOBAL CONFIGURATION I have Gzip Compression Page: ON
    In JA NEWS 2 is already active the RESIZE IMAGE option
    the folder IMAGES and RESIZED are CHMOD 777
    At the JA THUMBNAILS plugin I have this settings:

If I disable the AUTO option for Integration Mode (Thumbnail Ja plugin) I get in the article view the right image, but with the BLOG VIEW MODE disabled. If I enable it I get this mess in section View, when another strange thumbnail gets all over:

OBS: I don’t know what I have done wrong? I deleted all the thumbnails in RESIZED folder but these bad images are still appearing. PLEASE HELP

MY ORIGINAL PAGE IS http://www.elrumano.eu and this Teline III version is at http://testing.elrumano.eu

Also in Ja Teline II if you can see I have already some strange replacing on the thumbnails issue. I mean that some article apear in the JaNEWS and JANEWS FP with the thumbnail of another image. Then in the article is the correct image. If anyone know what’s going on please help me. And also if anyoane can give me a better explanation of the Jateline 2 to jateline 3 migration. This template is for newsmagazine and we all have hundreds of articles.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi felixdamian

I have checked your website and saw that:

1. Your plugin is old. We fixed issues and update the latest version for downloading.

2. You have not yet enable this plugin

hariorama Friend

thank you very much for the more usable plugin.

it is also working on my site now.

but something is funny, the read more button show’s now only up at the first article, in section/categories blog layout.

why is that?

felixdamian Friend

I supposed that you referred to the Ja Thumnails plugin so I downloaded the Ja Teline III Stable again. I uninstalled the previous ant installed this one. But it is the same. Now at least I dont have errors but the resize dont work.
    Maybe I have done something wrong or maybe the photos are bad. But it is obvious that there is a resize image problem in Blog view.

felixdamian Friend

After hours of trying everything I have discovered that the thumbnails error could be the JCE Editor. So the images I get to upload with the normal Editor Tiny are resized very well and those who were uploaded with jce editor aren*t. Could anyoane explain this conflict for tha Ja Thumbnails plugin and the JCE Editor? I don*t consider this solved because I liked the JCE editor and I like to know what problems could I have in the future.

hariorama Friend

very good felixdamian, we are getting there….:) slowly but sure….

how is the situation with the read more links? are they all showing up?

felixdamian Friend

You have to go to the menu magazine and select to show the Read more links. I did it and is functioning.

hariorama Friend

i did this too.

with the thumbnail plugin on, the read more button is only showing up with the first article. the rest of the articles do not have a read more link.

thumbnail plugin set to off, all articles have the read more link, like it should be in section/categorie blog layout.

must be a bug or something

nofre Friend

<em>@felixdamian 146273 wrote:</em><blockquote>After hours of trying everything I have discovered that the thumbnails error could be the JCE Editor. So the images I get to upload with the normal Editor Tiny are resized very well and those who were uploaded with jce editor aren*t. Could anyoane explain this conflict for tha Ja Thumbnails plugin and the JCE Editor? I don*t consider this solved because I liked the JCE editor and I like to know what problems could I have in the future.</blockquote>

Unfortunately Ja Thumbnail plugin doesn’t takes count of any wysiwyg editor insert picture just Joomla’s default.

So the resizing doesn’t works well if the editor inserting the “width” or “height” or any “style” element to the img link. 😉

If you’re using JCE use the Joomla default image insert/upload button beneath the editor and your problems will solved…

Agboola Friend

Hi guys, i have a better solutions to this thumnail problem.

if you use JCE it will disable the read more so i disabled the ja thumbnail completely which will make all my images come out but in different sizes, so i download an image plugin which can automatically resie all images in articles once installed and specified the image size….

download from the plugin from
    http://www.7daynonstopparty.com/plg_imagesized.zip

Install and set image size, the disable the ja-thumbnail plugin…

IT WORKS BETTER WAOOOOOOOO

markts Friend

How did you make it work? I am still unable to fix this. It messes everything up and nobody seems to reply to my question. My bog view is all over the place and looks BAD. Help please!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi markts

Thank you for your PM

I have checked and saw that you are not using this plugin. Please kindly download ja thumbnail plugin and install it.

markts Friend

Hi JA Developer,

I am using JA Thumbnail and I installed/uninstalled it several times to make sure I am using the right version of it. The image resize problem is a real let down and despite your emails, my blog view is all over the place and looks really messy. I don’t really know what to do to solve it.

I am using Tiny MCE editor and when I upload pictures to articles I use the joomla bottom at the bottom of the page. You suggested that ‘mce-src’ code might be the problem but I am not sure how to remove it.

Please have another look at my website, we need this solved.

Many thanks,
    Mark

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  markts 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum