Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Please see attached screenshot for more info

Please help to resolve this ?

1. IE_error
    lcristian Friend

This error appears because the mootools.js is declared twice in your page.
    Once by the template, second by the EZRealty component.
    Look for an option in the component to exculde the library or choose another menu for your template.
    As a last resort, rename the file located here :

/components/com_ezrealty/library/testbox/js/mootools.js

to something else.

mj1256 Friend

lcristian, do you by any chance know how to have multiple instances of mootools on a site. I have not be able to do it with any of these themplates.

lcristian Friend

mj1256, you have two options :

Build the mootools with every class, element, etc and make sure youdon’t miss anything.
    This way you need to include it once in your template.

or

Build the core and include the ‘options’ one by one.
    This is tricky, because you have to know which extension uses what.

Loading two of the same, creates stability issues, crashes, errors, you know.

I remember I’ve debuged my own site and because of 2 swfobject.js were loaded, my IE was crashing with ‘Out of memory’. 🙂

kai_2 Friend

I have the same error with Firefox. 😮

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/error-in-mootools-js/

http://www.bestofjoomla.com – FB 1.0.5 RC1 und mootools.js

Here is the code string which is highlighted by Firebug:

($(filter) || document).getElement is not a function
    $E("#ja-topnav ul li", undefined)mootools.js (Linie 53)
    jaAddFirstItemToTopmenu()()ja.script.js (Linie 222)
    (?)()forum.html (Linie 2262)
    [Break on this error] return false;});return(nocash)?elements:...);}}else{temp.push('[@',param[4],']');}}

nish Friend

I would like to remove mootool.js loading in the template ?

any help please ?

sdbeerpong Friend

<em>@nish 83435 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to remove mootool.js loading in the template ?

any help please ?</blockquote>

For most Joomla 1.5 template, they don’t use mootools.js and caption.js at all. These two javasript libiaries are mainly used in the adiminstrator control panal. Their size are about 75K, and decrease the response speed of Joomla site. Here I introduce a method to remove the two javascript libs.

To make sure your Joomla site have the two scripts in the front site, you can look you site’s html source code and will find the following code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/caption.js"></script>

To remove the above javascript’s import, you just need to add the following code at the top of your template’s index.php file.

<?php
    //remove mootools.js and caption.js
    $headerstuff=$this->getHeadData();
    reset($headerstuff['scripts']);
    foreach($headerstuff['scripts'] as $key=>$value){
    unset($headerstuff['scripts'][$key]);
    }
    $this->setHeadData($headerstuff);
    ?>

sbaldwin Friend

Hi,
    Thanks for the great tip! Right now my Website loads a bit too slow however I do not have any errors or problems with it, just want to optimzie the load time. By removing these import scripts what exactly is it doing? What type of effect will it have on my website template?

I’m not a coder so I just don’t want to end up breaking something else and I won’t be able to fix it. Maybe something that I don’t see perhaps right away, and then have problems down the road. 🙂 By using this method I am looking for ways to make my site load faster and optimize it more…thanks for any help! Oh and this is for Teline ll template.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum