Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have many sites running with Joomlart templates and they all upgrade very well.
    But this time, on two sites running JA Mero, when I want to upgrade from JA Mero 1.0.8 to JA Mero 1.1.0, I get an error message.
    I have even tried the three methods for upgrade :
    1. JA Extensions Manager (I get “500 – Internal Server Error”
    2. Joomla’s Extension Manager to upgrade
    3. manually downloading JA Mero and installing from Extensions Manager

I don’t see what the issue can be, as all my other sites and templates upgrade fine…

Txs for helping 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please backup your site first and then pm me URL of your site, admin access and FTP account of your site. I will help you check further

woluweb Friend

Hi Ninja Lead !

oh oh, I did not receive a notification email when you replied to my thread…
    I only discover now your answer.
    My apologies for the late discovery 🙂

I PM you the detail.

Txs for your help !

Marc

Ninja Lead Moderator

I see JA Mero template have been changed in default files with “-woluweb” prefix add on files. I just helped you with manual update, Now, it’s working with version 1.1.0 on your site. Let me know if it helps

woluweb Friend

Yes indeed : in Template Manager I had duplicated the “Default” Layout.
    The goal of this copy is to customize header.php and footer.php, by making a copy of them and renaming for example into header-of-mine.php and footer-of-mine.php.

But why would this cause a problem with the template update ?
    And next time, how can I overcome this myself (how did you proceed/succeed with manual update ?)

Txs a lot for clarifying 🙂

Marc

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Marc,

If you had duplicated from original files to other files and don’t change any thing from original files, you can use two ways:

+ Using JA Extension Manager component to update (I got the error “500 – Internal Server Error” because the files in JA Mero template needs to have permission of 644 and folders: 755)

+ Or you can download directly JA Mero Template for J25 & J32 from here and install it on your site.

With the duplicate files, you can manual compare and update the changes.

Regards

woluweb Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Of course, I had also tried downloading a “fresh” JA Mero Template from the official page, because JA Extensions Manager would not work. But it would also fail.

So reading you, I guess there was some mistake with folder/files permissions !
    I had not thought of that I must say. I indeed see that a few files had permissions 444 for some reason (I don’t remember having changed these permissions manually thought).
    So next time I get a strange behaviour, I know where to look at.

Txs again Ninja Lead !

Marc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum