Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure of what did you install on your site. But I re-checked the package above with both ways

• Install JA Magz II with sample data and no sample data

• Run Article Tags and it’s working well with sample data and no sample data.

Please check it again or I can help you to install JA Magz II with no sample data if you want.

rocher Friend

Hi,

I appreciate your re-checking the package and your offer to help me install it with and without sample data.

However, I’ve done this half a dozen times or so now and the only difference in today’s testing is that in the first test I didn’t check Install Sample Data and in the second test I checked the option and installed the Sample Data.

In the first case (no Sample Data), if I created an Article, entered a Tag and clicked Save, I got the error message. In the second case (with Sample Data) I didn’t get the error.

I wonder if by saying you "Run Article Tags" you’re creating Article Tags in a different way from what I’m doing?

Also, by saying you can help me, do you mean by via chat session? If so, what time best suits you? (I live in Sydney, GMT+10.)

Regards,
    Robert

Ninja Lead Moderator

I downloaded JA Magz II package from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3xiwy5wxo90sxf/ja_magz_ii_3x.zip and installed as my highlight and it’s working fine with Tag of Article.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-09.32.54
    2. Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-09.30.15
    rocher Friend

Bingo! I know understand what you’re doing different to me. I’m creating the Tags in the Article itself, as per the attached screenshot. Then, when I save the Article, I then get an error message, as per the second screenshot.

Having realised you’re creating the Tags via the Components menu, I tried to do the same and there was no error. Great … or so I thought, because when back into the Article, selected the Tag I’d created and tried to save the Article, I got the same "Save failed" message with no error listed.

While this is disappointing, at least now we’re talking about the same process. Again, if I do a fresh Joomla install, I can create Tags from within the Article without errors. And, if I do a QuickStart install with Sample Data, then I can also create and save Tags within Articles without errors.

So, it now seems the problem is saving an Article with a Tag from a QuickStart install WITHOUT sample data. Have you tried this?

Regards,
    Robert

1. Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-2.09.53-PM
    2. Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-2.10.19-PM
    Ninja Lead Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum