Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I keep getting this error message when I submit my articles. I am cutting and pasting from microsoft word into my web site. any ideas?

<!– /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073741899 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Cambria”,”serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} –>

corrado444 Friend

What you are experiencing is very common when pasting from MS word into any type of HTML editor (online or non).
    Some time ago I wrote an article on my website on how to handle MS Word files, you (and others I suppose) should find it useful:

http://www.conticreative.com/Web-Technologies-Blog/ms-word-to-html.html
    And this is a Podcast I made on the same topic:
    http://www.conticreative.com/10-Minute-Joomla-Tips-Video-Podcast/10mjt-ms-word-text-video.html

Essentially, pasting from word adds a bunch of junk to the HTML. SOme editors, such as JCE have a “Paste from word” icon that works 90% of the times. Also Dreamweaver has a “Clean word HTML” feature, but it’s weak at best.

One of the easiest way to handle word text is to paste from word into Notepad (or any plain text editor) and then from there copy and paste again in the HTML editor in Joomla.

Good luck.

wchua Friend

thank you, i appreciate your help..

madeline63 Friend

Hi,

when i try to post an article (with images) in pdf format, it show message

Warning: getimagesize(images/stories/images/news/2010/SG20100111_CHA_CWh_002.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:xampphtdocsjoomla15librariestcpdftcpdf.php on line 3672
    TCPDF error: Missing or incorrect image file: images/stories/images/news/2010/SG20100111_CHA_CWh_002.jpg

but when i try the same action for those sample articles which in quickstart, it just work well.

how can i fix this?

(work at local, using ja teline iii stable quickstart)

thanks

uniquebiz Friend

While this may not be the solution you’re looking for it is an option and good advice.

don’t post in pdf format – post as real text based article with image, if you data is given to you in pdf format only ask client to give it to you as word etc and YOU convert, remember Joomla has a pdf icon to do stuff with articles

I’d assume given the error the system cannot find an image the pdf code refers to
    this maybe that the PDF embeds the image path but not the image and I can’t tell if the path is absolute, relative etc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum