Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have installed JA_Erica and set it as default. When I open the site (frontend) I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function getItems() on a non-object in <path>/templates/ja_erica/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 30

Why is this?
    Thanks

Khanh Le Moderator

Sound strange error. I guess that this error come with Joomla 1.5. Please try with RC3. The template cannot work with RC2 or RC1.

vanthinking Friend

Yes I am using Joomla 1.5 – the nightly build (6 December) of RC3. Any idea why I receive this error?

I am using php 5.2.0 (CGI version) on Linux.

Thanks
    Mariana

Khanh Le Moderator

The template is tuned to work with RC3, not the nightlybuild. The nightlybuild and the RC3 may have many differences causing the problem.

vanthinking Friend

Hello Khan

I am using the nightly build because I got the same error in the stable version of 1.5 that I downloaded (RC3). But the problem persisted, so I made the post above.

I have since thought that maybe the problem might be caused by permissions, so I changed them to 777 for now, but the problem persists.

Then I installed another (non-JA) 1.5 template, and it works.

If I edit the JA template in the back-end, it gives me a message that it “Cannot assign Default Template” in the Menu assignment field.

Any ideas?

Mariana

blackmerlin Friend

Change line 21 in ja_menusBase.class.php

from
    $menu = @JMenu :: getInstance();
    to
    $menu = JSite::getMenu();

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  blackmerlin 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum