Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Best,

I just install on http://www.hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/

Going to the templatemanager to fix logo size in CSS file and I get the next error message on the page where the CSS files are put down.

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html/templates/ja_obelisk/component.php/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hendrickx/:/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_templates/models/template.php on line 111

i get a lot in one list this kind of errors

Can somebody help me what to do ?

regards

Rob

tfosnom Friend

<em>@pagefactory 398761 wrote:</em><blockquote>Best,

I just install on http://www.hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/

Going to the templatemanager to fix logo size in CSS file and I get the next error message on the page where the CSS files are put down.

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html/templates/ja_obelisk/component.php/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hendrickx/:/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_templates/models/template.php on line 111

i get a lot in one list this kind of errors

Can somebody help me what to do ?

regards

Rob</blockquote>

using Google to research I find this is the most common reply hope it helps
    Why do I get a PHP open_basedir restriction error message?

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s):
    This error generally occurs when you are using temporary site links whilst waiting for DNS propagation to finish. This is entirely normal and is expected behaviour. Please wait until DNS propagation has completed and the error will clear. Alternatively, if you cannot wait, you can modify your local machines HOSTS file to accomodate the servers IP address.

If you are receiving this error using your domain name, then you are attempting to access a directory or file that is not allowed within your website space. Please check your scripts and try again, or contact your support team for assistance.

Check your folder permissions are set correctly and are both read and write enabled
    Cheers Shannon

pagefactory Friend

thx for the advice.

I go ask my server for support in this case.

regards

Rob

tfosnom Friend

<em>@pagefactory 398894 wrote:</em><blockquote>thx for the advice.

I go ask my server for support in this case.

regards

Rob</blockquote>

Hey Rob while doing some searching at Joomla.org for advice on something I read more about a similar problem to yours. this is a handy code tip to find what your absolute path is – may assist your troubleshooting

To find out what your absolute path is,
    copy the following code into a text editor (i.e. JEdit, Notepad, etc),
    save the file as a .php naming it whatever you prefer (i.e anyfilename.php.)

<?php
    $path = getcwd();
    echo "Your Absolute Path is: ";
    echo $path;
    ?>

Using your FTP software, ftp the file you have just created to your root folder.

Open your web browser and type in
    http://www.yourdomain.com/anyfilename.php.
    The result will show the absolute path!

IMPORTANT: For security reasons, delete this file as soon as you have ascertained the information you require.

They also mentioned if your host is running plesk that may be a cause.

Blessings Shannon

pagefactory Friend

path = /home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html

working with the directadmin and for sure I do the same install with complete new scripts (as a new domain) , on my other domains Joomla works correctly, only now with joomla 3,2.0. stable I get this error message

“allowed path(s): (/home/hendrickx/:/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/)” this path does’nt excist but how come that the system call this path ?

I realy do’nt get it, I hire my own server on admin level.

I do the same on a other domain to make sure the scripts are right on hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl but on the other domain I get the same errors and only in the templatemanager

pagefactory Friend

path = /home/hendrickx/domains/hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl/public_html

working with the directadmin and for sure I do the same install with complete new scripts (as a new domain) , on my other domains Joomla works correctly, only now with joomla 3,2.0. stable I get this error message

“allowed path(s): (/home/hendrickx/:/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/)” this path does’nt excist but how come that the system call this path ?

I realy do’nt get it, I hire my own server on admin level.

I do the same on a other domain to make sure the scripts are right on hendrickxstucenafbouw.nl but on the other domain I get the same errors and only in the templatemanager

MoonSailor Friend

Hi pagefactory,

Pls send PM to me admin and ftp your site, i’ll check it for you.

Regards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum