Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I was running Joomla 3.5.0 and got a notice in my Joomla CP to upgrade to 3.6.0. There were also some extensions to update (some JA). I backed up my Joomla database and all the core files. After the 3.6.0 update, I got a notice to update further to 3.6.2. I went ahead and did that, figuring I would do the extensions later. After the 3.6.2 update, I went to update my four extensions. Two of the updates worked, but the JA updates did not. See attached screenshot. Can I ignore this, or do I need to revert using backups to 3.5.0 and start over again?
    Thanks, anyone, for some guidance here. These updates, both Joomla and the JA extensions, have always gone without hiccup.

1. JA_extensions_update_failure
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    All JA Extension and template only updated via JA Extension manager component .

Open JA Extension manager > Service manager > Joomlart updates > Edit > Add your JA Account user/pass .
    save it and set the update as default .
    Then update the JA Extension/template from the component .

nc3man Friend

Thank you so much. That was the first time that I had to update extensions via the JA Extension Manager. Since we upgraded to 3.5.x, I had only been updating extensions through the Joomla update path. I now (think I) understand the whole purpose of the JA Extension Manager. I added in the username/password, saved it and set JoomlArt Updates to be the default Services Manager and then was able to successfully update the JA Extensions Manager Component to v2.6.1 and the JA T3v2 System Plugin for J3.x to v2.7.3.

Thanks again for the tutorial. When I get notices for extension updates in the future, I will make sure I use the JA Extension Manager.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nc3man 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum