Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello guys,
    I’m getting following error after installing quickstart on my site:

<blockquote>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’, expecting ‘(‘ in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/jat3/core/common.php on line 225</blockquote>

http://www.split-online.com

Can someone please post me a solution for this issue?

Thanks.

Phill Moderator

What version of PHP are you running?

Goran Šerić Friend

You’re fast 😀

Phill Moderator

You mean 5.2.15. I’ll do an install now and test. Are you installing from the quickstart or are you trying to install the template and plugin on an existing install?

Goran Šerić Friend

It says in cPanel that PHP version is 5.2.5 :confused:

<blockquote>Program Versions

Apache: 1.3.41
    Curl: 7.15.5
    MySQL: 5.0.81
    PostgreSQ: 8.3.3
    Python: 2.4.3
    ImageMagic: 6.4.3
    Perl: 5.8.8
    PHP: 5.2.5
    ionCube Loader: 3.1.31
    Zend Optimizer: 3.3.3
    phpMyAdmin: 3.2.4
    OpenSSL: 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5</blockquote>

This is clean quickstart installation

Phill Moderator

Ask your host to upgrade. 5.2.5 was out of date in May 2008 and a lot os security fixes have been done since the 5.2.5 release in Nov 2007. This may or may not be the cause of your problem. I have just done a quickstart with 5.2.11 and with 5.3 and all worked as expected. It couls be that some of the files were not uploaded correctly. This is especially common if you uploaded with cpanel. Always use a decent ftp app such as Filezilla.

Goran Šerić Friend

OK.
    I’ll try on other server and will post update here. And I always upload files with Filezilla.

Thank you

m Friend

I’ve had a different problem with installation. The frontpage layout is all wrong. Screenshot attached.

1. screenshot_01
    christoforos2 Friend

<em>@worklabs 208332 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve had a different problem with installation. The frontpage layout is all wrong. Screenshot attached.</blockquote>

I get exactly the same behaviour on the Quickstart installation.

Goran Šerić Friend

<em>@omegastudio 208310 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK.
    I’ll try on other server and will post update here. And I always upload files with Filezilla.

Thank you</blockquote>

Installation went well related to my first post here. But now I have exact problem like worklabs and christoforos2

http://96.30.14.244/~spliton/index.php

kimmeng Friend

I have this issue too from the V 1.1.0.

Also, there is a problem in the Featured news.

Any one could help please ?

Thanks.

santoshalom Friend

I believe this quick start does not come with latest news front page module..i had same issue. so deleted old one and update with new from download page worked fine..

<em>@kimmeng 208372 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have this issue too from the V 1.1.0.

Also, there is a problem in the Featured news.

Any one could help please ?

Thanks.</blockquote>

Goran Šerić Friend

That’s it. Solved as you have described 🙂

kimmeng Friend

Hello santoshalom,

Thx for the useful tips 🙂

It is solved now.

m Friend

Well, it’s solved if you have a developer membership that gets you access to modules AND templates. If you don’t, then what…wait for Joomlart to put the correct module in the quickstart package?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum