Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi I am getting the following error messages on my home page and not sure how to make this right:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/stwilfs/public_html/administrator/components/com_extplorer/include/functions.php on line 524

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/stwilfs/public_html/modules/mod_janews/mod_janews.php on line 30

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/stwilfs/public_html/plugins/content/plugin_googlemap2.php on line 255

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/stwilfs/public_html/modules/mod_janews/mod_janews.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/stwilfs/public_html/modules/ja_news/tmpl/blog.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php53/pear’) in /home/stwilfs/public_html/modules/mod_janews/mod_janews.php on line 41

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

This appears to be a issue with PHP version 5.3.0: http://php.net/manual/en/function.ereg.php

Note: As of PHP 5.3.0, the regex extension is deprecated in favor of the PCRE extension. Calling this function will issue an E_DEPRECATED notice.

Try to set Error Reporting level to Simple or None (Joomla back-end > Global configs > Server)

Regards

neilpovey Friend

Hi, setting the Error Reporting to Simple or None didn’t work as error’s still appeared. What else can be done?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to use PHP version that is lower that 5.3?

neilpovey Friend

Where would I change this?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Try to ask your hosting provider for help to change this.

neilpovey Friend

Thanks I’ve been able to chane the php to an earlier version which seems to have fixed the problem-thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

You are welcome :p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum