Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just installed Joomla 1.5 and almost everything is working great. I am using a template with the sample files and content of JoomlArt. There is just one problem and I am not sure if this affecting certain things on the page. I keep getting this error message every time I install things:

* JFTP::login: Unable to login
    * JClientHelper::setCredentialsFromRequest failed

The other problem I am having is that when I set SEO setting in Global Configuration to Search Engine Friendly URLs it messes up the entire site (when I check out the pages it looks like the CSS is disabled and all I am seeing is the bare HTML. Could that be related to the error message or is this a separate problem?

Please help!! Thank you so much!!!

nathanbohn Friend

you might not have mod_rewrite enabled on your server. check the joomla forum for sef issues on turning it on and what you need to run it.

cmundlos Friend

<em>@nathanbohn 116598 wrote:</em><blockquote>you might not have mod_rewrite enabled on your server. check the joomla forum for sef issues on turning it on and what you need to run it.</blockquote>

Well now I am also getting

:: An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!

on top of the other error message. The mod_rewrite is also not enabled.

I am so lost… 🙁 Hope you are anyone reading this can help me!!

toptangibi Friend

I dont Understand Error Mesage ?

What İs This ?

ShannonN Friend

cmundlos;116549I just installed Joomla 1.5 and almost everything is working great. I am using a template with the sample files and content of JoomlArt. There is just one problem and I am not sure if this affecting certain things on the page. I keep getting this error message every time I install things:

* JFTP::login: Unable to login
    * JClientHelper::setCredentialsFromRequest failed

The other problem I am having is that when I set SEO setting in Global Configuration to Search Engine Friendly URLs it messes up the entire site (when I check out the pages it looks like the CSS is disabled and all I am seeing is the bare HTML. Could that be related to the error message or is this a separate problem?

Please help!! Thank you so much!!!

As a moderator Nathan should have asked what template you are using, the requirement to post a live url and told you to post in the relevant forum, that way he’s doing his job and you’ll get far greater responses in the correct forum from members

Dunno how some of these blokes make moderators :p
    Cheers ShannonN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum