Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

There’s a problem when I try to compile LESS to CSS an error appears. Also when I’m in development mode I can see the carousel left/right arrows on the homepage slideshow but when development mode is off it goes into a blank box.

TomC Moderator

What is the error that appears?

touchdown Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I guess the error comes from the permission, your site could not create css and cache files or that t3-assets folder is not writable.

Make sure that you set the right permission for files/folders in your site: file-644 , folder-755

touchdown Friend

Should those be the permissions for all files/folders? Should I go through my site and change each one that is different? I see some on the root of my public folder that are different already.

http://borkholderarchery.com/images/public/permissions-screenshot.png

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, it’s recommended permission for file/folder. If you don’t have right to change, pls try to contact your hosting/server to change it for you.

BTW, have you made change on any LESS files?

Please also check the memory_limit value of your site, please increase it to at least 124M

touchdown Friend

@saguaros I have not made any changes to LESS files. I’m not able to change the memory because I’m on a shared server. And the permissions are all fine. I looked at each of the files/folders listed in the error and they are as you suggested.

Saguaros Moderator

The new LESS compiler for Bootstrap 3 requires a lot of memory, this is a drawback of this compiler, but in return, we will have a better css compiler result.

So please try to increase the memory_limit to at least 128Mb

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum