Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I have just installed the Mono template on a fresh Joomla 3; once from quickstart and once by downloading and installing all modules. In both cases I get the error:
    "Notice: trying to get property of non-object in C:…templatesja_monotemplateHook.php on line 157"

Full versions per "mono_error.png" attachment.

On the clean install, the error was not present until I added the JoomlArt ACM module "Introducing" (Features Intro : style 1, as per quickstart). After that, the error appears twice. On the quickstart, it appears 6 times.

Quickstart errors illustrated in attachment "mono_error_quickstart.png"

Many thanks for any help on this, and apologies in advance if it is covered in another thread – I have searched for various combinations of the error and module but found nothing.

James.

1. mono_error_quickstart
    2. mono_error
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

This is a Notice not an error , also your are developing your website on your localhost , that means your php configuration can influence how notices are showed, you should try to install it on a public host and verify it again since from php.ini settings display notices should be set to Off

best regards

thepeakconsultancy Friend

Thank you, pavit.

Agreed – it is a notice (apologies, I didn’t appreciate the difference and the text itself suggested an error).

I can hide the notice by turning off errors in php.ini but that seems like masking a problem rather than fixing it. Assuming the hosted server also has show errors turned off, I have asked their support to check the php_error_log to see if the issue is there also.

Many thanks,

James.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can disable or change settings for errors directly from php.ini or you can use Joomla core itself
    Take a look at THIS TUTORIAL

thepeakconsultancy Friend

Sorry, crossed messages – I updated while you were adding this.

I can turn show errors off but they still exist and still get logged in php_error_log. Will find out if it really is an environment issue when I hear back from the hosted server support team if the error is in their php_error_log too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thepeakconsultancy 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum