Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Grettings!!!
    the configuration JA News with the sections of the site joomla! works very well in the frontal part.
    but the configuration with the categories broken connections in the the titles of the categories are created
    with the attached image I explain the error in detail.
    Thanks.
    help me please..

1. er
    John Wesley Brett Moderator

I believe you also need to also change the TYPE from Section to Category in your MENU MANAGER…

John.

aryeh Friend

already, did I it, but she does not work, she tries to do it in your template and you will see
    it observes the attached, there specific image step by step the problem.

Okay…

Well I am confused by part of your attached image…in the middle where you indicate
    “I change section —> Category”

Where are you doing this…what Section and or category. The image is not showing enough for me to understand where in the Admin are you are trying to make the change.

Thanks,
    John.

aryeh Friend

the steps that itself to change the configuration are:
    Extensions – Module Manager – Ja News – I change section by category.
    when I do this, she works well, but the titles of the categories are broken links, as I show in the penultimate and last image that attached.
    thanks

andrew40 Friend

Did this get fixed as I have same issue with some articles that I create onto front page that always go to 404 page? any ideas helpful..

spencermjax Friend

I have the same problem!!!!

Can you provide me with a URL, or better yet, an admin login so I may look at the configuration in the back end.

It appears once you switched to CATEGORY that you did not include the correct “Category (Section) ID” number.

John.

spencermjax Friend

http://southernjewelrynews.com/
    I will PM you with login now

spencermjax Friend

Here is a solution i came up with…..
    I can’t tell if those changes will have repercussions elsewhere so modify at your own risk.

in the file /modules/mod_janews/tmpl/blog_item.php
    I changed 2 instances of $row->catslug to $row->catid

find BOTH instances of this:

$link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($row->slug, $row->catslug, $row->sectionid));

Change TO this:

$link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($row->slug, $row->catid, $row->sectionid));

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  spencermjax 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum