Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have installed in my local the Ja_Community Quickstart for Joomla 1.6. I also have installed the sample data. In the main menu, the submenu item ‘Layout’ (under parent item ‘Explore’) is checked out with the lock icon next to the title. I can’t manage to enter into it to unlock it, as I need to delete that menu item and put my own ones.
    The error message I get when I click on it is the following:
    ‘Check-out failed with the following error: The user checking out does not match the user who checked out the item.
    You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#467).’
    What’s the matter with it?

I have attached a screenshot

1. Screen-shot-2011-02-13-at-AM-11.01.16
    sbajardi Friend

In the end I had to delete the menu item with PhpMyAdmin using a MySql query. The problem is now solved but it was weird I couldn’t do it from the administrator panel. I think you should have it checked anyway.

boost_it Friend

<em>@sbajardi 221295 wrote:</em><blockquote>In the end I had to delete the menu item with PhpMyAdmin using a MySql query. The problem is now solved but it was weird I couldn’t do it from the administrator panel. I think you should have it checked anyway.</blockquote>

I’m having the exact same problem with the Layout menu item being locked in the administrator panel. Can someone please help – I don’t know how to remove it via SQL backend.

mistralis Friend

I don’t know why, but I can delete the menu. I just ‘rebuild’ the menu.
    Fair winds!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mistralis 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum