Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I did the quickstart installation and when I clicked on ‘read more’ in any of news under ‘what’s new here’ block – it produces several lines of error like this…

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /home3/mywebsite/public_html/main/libraries/joomla/application/pathway.php on line 209

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /home3/mywebsite/public_html/main/libraries/joomla/application/pathway.php on line 209

the above error lines are repeated around 200 times (couldn’t count)

and then comes the article at the bottom.

can somebody please help.

drb

metamar Friend

Is your host using PHP4? This reminds me of a message I got using VirtueMart that got fixed when I switched to a PHP 5 server. Although I had found a quick workaround by googling it i opted to switch to a serious provider.
    You can check your php version if you turn on a statistic module.

I might be totally of track though… 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear drb,

If you look at the path of error, it is very obvious that it is a Joomla problem, copy pasting of error (sans your hosting paths), into google could have helped you faster.

anyways, the solution is here >> http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1916553#p1916553

It is because of your php version. Follow the above link and look for the solution.

I fixed mine yesterday, using the solution as above.

Regards

Arvind

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

Thank you, guys. Yes. it is a php4 issue and got it fixed.

metamar Friend

No problem and thanks for thanking. I don’t have alot of coding knowledge but getting a “thank you” rely cheers me on! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  metamar 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum