Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Due to slow loading page, i have enabled Cache mod in JA TELINE Template manager settings. Now, site is loading very fast (Thanks for this really great templates and abilities). But, i noticed that articles Hits counter do not increment after refreshing page, which is normal due to activated cache. After some time (15-20min) i have noticed that Hits counter however incremented for some number (hits)
    1. Does the Hits counter counted all hits during the Cache Lifetime?
    2. How many minutes is Cache Lifetime, because i didn’t see this value in JA TELINE Template manager?
    3. Do I have to enable the Cache Mode in Joomla Admin Site Global Settings, too?

Thanks for your response.

hidrocar Friend

I have the same question as you, hope someone can answer this soon
    Regards.

Laura Rubino Friend

Good question. I just finished a site where i used teline and i will double check and see if its the same issue, i have

Khanh Le Moderator

<blockquote>1. Does the Hits counter counted all hits during the Cache Lifetime?</blockquote>
    When cache is enabled, the counter won’t count during the Cache lifetime. There’re some reasons for this such:
    – hits is updated by the com_content, not by the Joomla system or plugins. Therefore, when page is got from cache to display, the component is not launched to update the cache
    – to improve the performance, the write statement to DB is reduced (update hits counter is write statement)

<blockquote>2. How many minutes is Cache Lifetime, because i didn’t see this value in JA TELINE Template manager?</blockquote>
    You can update the setting in Global Configuration of Joomla

<blockquote>3. Do I have to enable the Cache Mode in Joomla Admin Site Global Settings, too?</blockquote>
    Yes.

stinger2010 Friend

Thank you for your response,khan le,

I have another question. I have enabled cashing for JA NEWS FP module, but caching in Joomla Global Configurations is disabled. I have noticed that caching for this module take effect despite caching is disabled in Global Config. Is it OK?
    Also, I have enabled caching in Ja TELINE 4 templates settings.
    Is it possible to enable caching only for Ja news fp and ja news pro module?

For me, it is enough to bring working caching for Ja NEWS Pro and Ja News FP module.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stinger2010 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum