Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When enabling both search engine friendly URL and URL rewriting in the Joomla Global Configuration, all links break.JS Hello module login, the "Community" menu link created to the Jomsocial Homepage and the "About us" link on the footer-1 menu all result in link not found error messages. The moment I turn off Joomla URL Rewriting, the links work again.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Kindly share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account so I can check for you.

Regards

Andrew Winkler Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Andrew,

Before activating this URL rewriting option, make sure that you rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess file root folder on your server.

Regards

Andrew Winkler Friend

Silly me. Thanks for that. I just tried it. It made the site produce error 500s. I reuploaded a fresh .htaccess file with the same result, error 500s. I’m now trying to move the .htaccess file lines into the *.conf file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled but so far without luck.

Saguaros Moderator

It relates to rules on your server, could you contact your host for help to check this htaccess file and rule on their side?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum